2019 Target List

If Grant could follow Admirals path. Trim down and work on outside shot and ball handling. Who knows. We need him in the post, but I wonder how much his quickness would improve if he cut about 25 pounds.
Grant only weighs 236 lbs at 6-7. Dropping 25 lbs puts him in the 210-range. That seems light for what we need him to do.

I agree, his only real shot at the NBA is the kind of improvement in his jumper and ball-handling that Admiral has shown. If you remember, Admiral was getting up 1000 jump shots a day last offseason to improve his shot, and it showed in his improvement and confidence. His shooting % on improved slightly, 38.9% to 39.5%, but he made that slight improvement while attempting more than 3x the number of 3s he did as a sophomore.

We don't want, or need GW shooting 162 3-pointers, but if he can keep teams honest by for ing them to respect his shot, he not only can show off that skill to NBA scouts. but also will open up a lot more 1-on-1 opportunities for him in the post.

An improvement in ball-handling will also him to get to the basket easier from 15 feet out. At the NBA level, he is going to have to most likely play the SF position, and that will require an ability to get to the basket with a significant improvement in ball-handling and a significant improvement in his shooting accuracy and shot quickness.

I think that would be a very risky (probably dumb) move on his part, to lose 25 pounds of good weight. Now, if he wants to shoot 1000 threes a day, I see no harm in that.

Plus isn’t there a decent chance Grant explores NBA options next year. He may stay to be a senior and graduate. But it’s at least a possibility

Williams doesn’t have the ideal size for an NBA PF.

He’d have to develop a descent jump shot and mid range game to get a legit look.

Tandy is down to 2 and McBride down to 3...neither of which include Tennessee so definitely sounds like Tennessee is done for the fall.

I’ll be interested to see if any of these guys hold off until spring...

#14 Josiah James-UT COMMIT
#28 Jalen Lecque
#106 Tyrell Jones
#152* Drew Pember-UT COMMIT
#216* Jason Jitoboh
#284* Davonte Gaines-UT COMMIT

If Lecque wanted to come would we take him?

Right now, no doubt. Pember is willing to wait a year. It would be interesting how CRB would handle it if that spot wasn't available. Would he run somebody off? Would he want to change the commitment with Gaines?

BTW, can Gaines defer for a year like Pember can or is he already doing that?

Right now, no doubt. Pember is willing to wait a year. It would be interesting how CRB would handle it if that spot wasn't available. Would he run somebody off? Would he want to change the commitment with Gaines?

BTW, can Gaines defer for a year like Pember can or is he already doing that?
Not so sure they would take Lecque, maybe but not a given.

No Gaines can’t take reclass, he already is taking a prep year.

Not so sure they would take Lecque, maybe but not a given.

No Gaines can’t take reclass, he already is taking a prep year.

Thanks. I thought that that was the scenario with Gaines.

I hope that Jalen Johnson has a really good year. I'm afraid that if he struggles he'll be pressured to move on. I think that JJ has substantial upside. I think that his game was to be the primary scorer and last year he was trying to adapt to fitting into a multiple scorer type of system.

Thanks. I thought that that was the scenario with Gaines.

I hope that Jalen Johnson has a really good year. I'm afraid that if he struggles he'll be pressured to move on. I think that JJ has substantial upside. I think that his game was to be the primary scorer and last year he was trying to adapt to fitting into a multiple scorer type of system.
I agree completely with everything u said about JJ. He could have the most natural talent on the team. JJ needs to get off to a good start, the more confident he is, the better his game will be

When is the deadline for a recruit to reclassify? Some guy on Twitter is telling me Pember’s offer is contingent upon reclassification

I choose to believe BTO tho

VN Store

Back