2018 Midterm Election Thread

Ahh, how good of you to determine an adults need.
Don't we all. I determined my parents needed some assistance while dealing with my Dad's final months of Parkinson's. I determined my adult daughters needed some assistance multiple times during college. I determined the widow next door (her healthy 51 year old husband had a massive heart attack and died at his desk while working at home) needed some assistance repairing her fence and moving some furniture out of her house. I never second guessed those determinations.

That seems like a healthy parent child relationship. Do you have like a ledger or something you use to keep track of her indebtedness?
That is about as completely opposite from the way I operate as can be. Never been much of a stickler regarding money. One reason why I took such an early exit from a career in accounting.

It'll be amusing to see if Luther admits to her change in politics once she starts making a healthy living.
If it happens, it happens. She is certainly showing no indications at this point; I think she finds Trump more repulsive as do I....plus I trust her mind and heart. If she where to make that change, I would be confident that it was temporary.

That seems like a healthy parent child relationship. Do you have like a ledger or something you use to keep track of her indebtedness?
There is no indebtedness for luther's kids. They took scholarships that could have gone to someone more needy.

STACEY ABRAMS’ LAWYER SAYS SHE HAS ‘NOTHING TO HIDE’

An attorney for Stacey Abrams says the failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate has “nothing to hide” after the state ethics commission announced it would subpoena her campaign’s bank records.

Joyce Gist Lewis told the Georgia ethics commission on Monday that her client is prepared to cooperate with an investigation into her 2018 campaign for governor, according to a letter obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The letter, delivered to commission director David Emadi, said Abrams was “surprised” to first learn of the investigation through a media announcement.

“Assuming that you are willing to articulate the good faith reasons for the records sought, my client will offer its full cooperation without the need to resort to a subpoena,” Lewis wrote. “Should any technical reporting errors be identified by your office, my client will promptly amend its reports, as is routine for campaign committees in the State of Georgia.”

The letter comes after Emadi, the director of the state ethics commission, announced on Thursday that he would soon subpoena Abrams gubernatorial campaign, along with other political action committees and special interest groups that supported her failed bid for office.

It’s still not clear what exactly the investigation is focusing on, but the Georgia Government Transparency & Campaign Finance Commission, the official name of the ethics commission, works on collecting lobbying expenditures, vendor grift and campaign finance reports.

Stacey Abrams’ Lawyer Says She Has ‘Nothing To Hide’

STACEY ABRAMS’ LAWYER SAYS SHE HAS ‘NOTHING TO HIDE’

An attorney for Stacey Abrams says the failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate has “nothing to hide” after the state ethics commission announced it would subpoena her campaign’s bank records.

Joyce Gist Lewis told the Georgia ethics commission on Monday that her client is prepared to cooperate with an investigation into her 2018 campaign for governor, according to a letter obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The letter, delivered to commission director David Emadi, said Abrams was “surprised” to first learn of the investigation through a media announcement.

“Assuming that you are willing to articulate the good faith reasons for the records sought, my client will offer its full cooperation without the need to resort to a subpoena,” Lewis wrote. “Should any technical reporting errors be identified by your office, my client will promptly amend its reports, as is routine for campaign committees in the State of Georgia.”

The letter comes after Emadi, the director of the state ethics commission, announced on Thursday that he would soon subpoena Abrams gubernatorial campaign, along with other political action committees and special interest groups that supported her failed bid for office.

It’s still not clear what exactly the investigation is focusing on, but the Georgia Government Transparency & Campaign Finance Commission, the official name of the ethics commission, works on collecting lobbying expenditures, vendor grift and campaign finance reports.

Stacey Abrams’ Lawyer Says She Has ‘Nothing To Hide’
Waiiiiit a min... How much of the "whoopsies" are amenable, a mill several mill??

Taylor Swift Named ‘Most Influential’ Person on Twitter in 2018

Taylor Swift is the most influential person on Twitter this year, despite only tweeting 13 times, CNET says.
Perhaps it is good for Taylor that Brandwatch did not look at Instagram.

Swift in October endorsed Tennessee Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Phil Bredesen on Instagram, as media outlets previously reported. She cited issues like LGBTQ rights and flamed Bredesen’s opponent, U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN-07).

Bredesen lost spectacularly to Blackburn, who took a commanding lead of 54.73 percent to Bredesen’s 43.89 percent.

Taylor Swift Named 'Most Influential' Person on Twitter in 2018

I gotta admit Swift don't know what the hail she is talking about with politics but she looks great!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back