2018 Football Schedule

Pretty sure there has never been an underdog who was not upset minded.
Lol but other than that, a decent look.

Do people truly believe 9-3 is a possibility or are they trying to gin up support for the idea so they can attack the staff and administration when it does not come to pass? There is no way this team has more than 5 wins next year, and 5 is unreasonably optimistic. 3-9 is a distinct possibility, and 4-8 should be prepared for and accepted when it happens. Being a fan and seeing things realistically are not mutually exclusive, even among this group.

SEPT 1 WVA @ Charlotte, NC WIN

SEPT 8 ETSU WIN

SEPT 15 UTEP WIN

SEPT 22 FL WIN

SEPT 29 @ UGA LOSS

OCT 13 @ AUB LOSS

OCT 20 BAMA LOSS

OCT 27 @ USCe WIN

NOV 3 Charlotte WIN

NOV 10 KY WIN

NOV 17 MO WIN

NOV 24 @ VANDY WIN
Uga is losing 29 seniors this year. It will be interesting to see how Smart does with a fresh crew.

Reactions: 2 people
The main reason I believe we can/should be able to beat those teams is pretty simple. We could have easily won those games this season playing as poorly as we did. I don't think we'll have the # of injuries on defense or to the OL. Honestly, it's all hope.

I just went back and watched that UK/UT game again a week or so ago. Never seen two teams trying to lose a game so badly. I figured it would be bad without Dobbs, but geez it outdid all my expectations.

Do people truly believe 9-3 is a possibility or are they trying to gin up support for the idea so they can attack the staff and administration when it does not come to pass? There is no way this team has more than 5 wins next year, and 5 is unreasonably optimistic. 3-9 is a distinct possibility, and 4-8 should be prepared for and accepted when it happens. Being a fan and seeing things realistically are not mutually exclusive, even among this group.

Regular season probabilities: 5 wins is 'possible'. About as much as 8 wins...I'd say 6-7 regular season wins. Solid talent coming back, surrounded by great coaches. Not sure about recruits, and their immediate impact. 3-4 wins would be a depressive season, I just don't see that type of doom-n-gloom.

I'm certainly not in the 9 wins camp, but "no way this team has more than 5 wins"? I mean, anything that could have gone wrong did go wrong this past season. Actually, there were a couple things that couldn't have gone wrong that did, in fact, still go wrong. Yet, we managed to put 4 wins together. What's your basis for thinking we'll actually be worse next year?

In other words, who are we losing that would prevent us from even surpassing our win total from the worst season in history?

Reactions: 1 person
Uga is losing 29 seniors this year. It will be interesting to see how Smart does with a fresh crew.

Kirby is killing it right now though. Justin Fields, the #1 qb in the nation, just committed to the Dawgs. That news for Kirby Smart and the Bulldogs is huge. Now he is going for five-star defensive end and recent Ohio State decommit Brenton Cox, ESPN 300 offensive linemen Jamaree Salyer and Cade Mays, along with ESPN 300 receiver Tommy Bush, ESPN 300 outside linebackers Channing Tindall and Michigan verbal Otis Reese and five-star ends Micah Parsons and K.J. Henry.

UGA may very well have the #1 class. Damn it!

IÂ’ve talked to many people, they think going to a bowl game next year is a major victory. They are very optimistic about the future, but takes time. Many think 5-7 is a realistic possibility. But, 2-3,4 years down the road weÂ’ll be in the East mix again. Realistic expectations. If we overachieve thatÂ’s even better.

I am not drinking any of this koolaid. We have NO QB people. We stand a very dayum good chance of starting the season 2-6. Where are you fans getting this 9 win season from???? Good Lord. Pruitt may have a chance to be successful if Fulmer will stay out of his business. That is the biggest problem I see in becoming relevant again.

Last edited:
I am not drinking any of this koolaid. We have NO QB people. We stand a very dayum good chance of starting the season 2-6. Where are you fans getting this 9 win season from???? Good Lord. Pruitt may have a chance to be successful if Fulmer will stay out of his business. That is the biggest problem I see in becoming relevant again.

Are you for real???? Come on dude have some faith here!!!! I see a 7 win season next year maybe 8 with a bowl. If we start 2-6 then Pruitt better be fired ASAP. ThatÂ’s just absurd!! Give this process time and patience. Recruiting now and future classes will be key to progress moving forward under Pruitt and staff. We are an ash heap right now. This fall the foundation will be laid for future classes to build on. I say itÂ’s gonna take at minimum 4 years to be realistic contenders again. If you donÂ’t wanna get on board then gtfo!!! Go Vols!!!

We seem to have the hardest schedule in the country every single year. IÂ’m smelling 7 wins regular season and a bowl win though!

9 Wins is the Minimum Level of Tennessee Football- If we accept 5-6 Wins as Acceptable then we need to remove 60,000 Seats from Neyland Stadium- The Past 4 Years of Recruiting Rankings say we should win 9 or 10 Games so we must have hired an inferior coach if 5-6 wins is Acceptable- If Butch Jones can win 9 games twice at Tennessee a Trained Monkey should be able to Win 10... Pruitt should win 9 Games or we may need that Trained Monkey...

I don't at all expect a winning season but if Pruitt somehow gets this team to 9 wins, then that's just proof positive that Butch Jones was a cliche generating walking bag of lying sh!t.

9 Wins is the Minimum Level of Tennessee Football- If we accept 5-6 Wins as Acceptable then we need to remove 60,000 Seats from Neyland Stadium- The Past 4 Years of Recruiting Rankings say we should win 9 or 10 Games so we must have hired an inferior coach if 5-6 wins is Acceptable- If Butch Jones can win 9 games twice at Tennessee a Trained Monkey should be able to Win 10... Pruitt should win 9 Games or we may need that Trained Monkey...

Butch Jones won with smoke and mirrors and Dobbs. Pruitt will win with actual football.

We don't know anything now. I'd venture to say no one saw 4-8 last year. We need a lot of help on O-line and Dline. Transition to a more prostyle offense will probably mean growing pains. We just don't know what we have at QB. I am guessing D will be better. That is why I will be shocked with a win over Grier and WVU. 3-5 start very possible. But I think we could finish strong at 7-5/6-6.

I see 3 "guaranteed" wins and 3 gusrenteed losses. The remaining games are completely up in the air. A win over WVU to start the season would go a long way in term of confidence for games like Vandy, UK, and of course USCe, UFl, and Missouri.

6-6 looks highly likely. Best case scenario is 8-4 and worst case scenario is 4-8, both I view as unlikely.

6 wins

7 with bowl win

Pruitt and his staff should increase wins by 3 just being on the sidelines

Previous staff was just that bad

I don't at all expect a winning season but if Pruitt somehow gets this team to 9 wins, then that's just proof positive that Butch Jones was a cliche generating walking bag of lying sh!t.

Regardless of next seasons record, Butch Jones was a cliche generating walking bag of lying sh!t.

VN Store

Back