2018-19 Women's Basketball Schedule

How would y'all grade this schedule overall? We play Notre Dame once, Miss State once, South Carolina once. Seems to be a little light, but that's been the trend lately.

How would y'all grade this schedule overall? We play Notre Dame once, Miss State once, South Carolina once. Seems to be a little light, but that's been the trend lately.

Yup lighter than in the past most def but do also play Stanford and Texas out of conference who will be ranked in the top 25. To go along with Mizzu (twice) and UGA who will most likely also be in the top 25. So that’s 8 top 25 games possibly along with if Oklahoma is ranked and of course we win to get to play them over thanksgiving break.

But not the schedule of years past which might not be bad with this group considering there will be a heavy dose of fresh/sophomores.

That being said it’s still better looking than some Big 12 (and some Big 10) teams schedules and then they get to big 12 season and there teams aren’t as strong as they have been. I am thinking of one in particular and their OCC doesn’t look particularly strong this year either and that’s what has cost them a #1 seed multiple times.

This is who we are. This is where the program is.

It is easier to schedule softly than it is to prepare a program to reclaim national supremacy.

Reactions: olddog
Remember when??? LV Basketball is over...this is the year it finally sinks to the level of La Tech and ODU. There will be people saying they can't believe they lost to the likes of some of the cupcakes they play this year. I know I'll get plenty people saying I'm no real LV fan. Oh well...get ready for the lowest avg attendance the LVs have ever seen.

Remember when??? LV Basketball is over...this is the year it finally sinks to the level of La Tech and ODU. There will be people saying they can't believe they lost to the likes of some of the cupcakes they play this year. I know I'll get plenty people saying I'm no real LV fan. Oh well...get ready for the lowest avg attendance the LVs have ever seen.

👍

Not on my watch!

No way, the lady Vol's will have a lot of wins this year., some very good wins also, this is a very good team.

Last edited:
Let them play the games and prove the nega’s wrong. I think they may well be better this year than in recent past. Won’t know until I see them play. If not, I will continue to be an avid fan and pull for them. I’m not a fair weather fan😇[/QUOTE

Always enjoy your posts,Rickster,but remember,the Nega's will find things to decry even in victory,I.e.coaching decisions,playing time,players not making plays,etc. We have a large number of posters who seem to not be able to enjoy Lady Vol play without finding a negative to expound on.

Holly needs to win and she knows it. The SEC is always tough she needs at least 12 wins in the league and get through the non- conference schedule with no more than a couple losses. I see 24 and 6 or 23 and 7 in the regular season hopefully better but doubt it.

There are a lot of good teams on that schedule. Some occasional fans might not recognize it.

Yes, Stanford, Texas, and Okla State besides those already mentioned. Other teams in the Junkanoo Jam incl Okla, Fla St, Iowa, and WVU, and Tenn will likely play at least one of those.

Reactions: Slydell
Let them play the games and prove the nega’s wrong. I think they may well be better this year than in recent past. Won’t know until I see them play. If not, I will continue to be an avid fan and pull for them. I’m not a fair weather fan😇[/QUOTE

Always enjoy your posts,Rickster,but remember,the Nega's will find things to decry even in victory,I.e.coaching decisions,playing time,players not making plays,etc. We have a large number of posters who seem to not be able to enjoy Lady Vol play without finding a negative to expound on.

They will be better this year.
Because CHW wised up and recruited for girls she could coach instead of girls who were suggested....When you get the right type of players for your style, things come much easier.

A coach has to make up their mind whether they want to have:
a
staff that can coach anyone
or
players who could play for anyone

I am wondering what this year’s SOS will be ? I know this is not the schedule of old but looking at other “top” teams in the nation some gn their schedules are worse then what one would expect. I know TN has a different set of expectations but Louisville, Ms St, and Texas (schools we are in recruiting wars with) Seem to be worst than ours. Like Ms st and Texas play each other but then one of TX strongest opponents out of conference is Mizzu who we play twice this year. Ms St does play Oregon but besides that and TX there are no other Marquee games. Louisville plays UCONN and in the ACC but no other real challenges on their schedule (maybe Az St). Since Baylor always come up with SOS they play UCONN (home), Sc and Stanford (away), and AZ st away.

This was brought on by looking at other schools roster numbers because one school is up to 14 without Cooke and Jackson already.

VN Store

Back