2017-18 vs. 2018-19 Team Stats

There's always room for improvement in every statistical category but the one I hope for the most is an increase in point spread per game. An increase of 10 more points (or decrease of 10 ppg by opponents) would mean improvement in several categories including turnovers.

Reactions: Will83
There's always room for improvement in every statistical category but the one I hope for the most is an increase in point spread per game. An increase of 10 more points (or decrease of 10 ppg by opponents) would mean improvement in several categories including turnovers.
Yes and this will allow for more minutes for reserves.

holly stated that she had watched video of the 500 TOs from last year. That must have been painful. It would be interesting to have the catagories broken down: post's walking, charges, one hand passes, forcing passes into the posts when triple teamed etc, steals etc.

I don't know where we'll improve, but the four stats I think we must improve to be better than last season are 3 point shooting, Free throw shooting, turnovers committed, and rebounds.

.307 from the three needs to be 34 or 35 percent this season. .701 from the line needs to increase to .750. Turnovers were 542 or 16.4 a game. That needs to fall to around 12 a game. Our rebounding margin per game was 8.6 would like to see that increase to 12 a game. If all this happens I predict we want lose more than five this season.

Travia Quiz on Turn Overs from last year

1)The Lady Vols committed 542 TO last year. Did they have more total turnovers than their opponents

YES NO

2) Match the # of Turnovers to the player

N Nared 1) 69

Russell 2) 62

Hayes 3) 63

Davis 4) 48

Westbrook 5) 121

Jackson 6) 117

3) Freshmen committed what % of TO last year 1) 58% 2) 64% 3) 69%

4) the two starters committed what % of TO last year 1) 12% 2) 20% 3) 28%

VN Store

Back