2013 Silly Season

They don't even have anything updated on Joe Gibbs Racing web site.

That stinks. I really think he has the talent to make it. I just don't know who will want to put the money behind him. I don't even think they would have to push that he is a minority like they do with Danica (minority by gender), he can flat out win.

That stinks. I really think he has the talent to make it. I just don't know who will want to put the money behind him. I don't even think they would have to push that he is a minority like they do with Danica (minority by gender), he can flat out win.

The fact that he is a minority would help spark some new intrest in Nascar, I think. As long as some one promotes him like he needs.

Last rumor I heard was full time in a second KBM truck and partial NNS if sponsorship could be found.

That would be great. I hope he can find sponsorship. If NASCAR wants to get serious about their drive for diversity they wouldn't have to look much farther than Wallace.

That would be great. I hope he can find sponsorship. If NASCAR wants to get serious about their drive for diversity they wouldn't have to look much farther than Wallace.

I agree with this. I have seen the kid race a few times and I think he is really good.

Regan Smith and AJ Allmendinger will split the season in the Phoenix Racing #51 this season. Smith will run the Daytona 500, the July Daytona race, both Talladega races, and 4-6 more races. AJ will start his time in the car at Phoenix. They want to run Kurt Busch in the Nationwide RP tracks and select other events. They have sponsorship lined up for both the Daytona openers and for Las Vegas.

Haven't watched much of the testing (sadly) but from what I've heard the cars are excellent. It doesn't seem like there will be a lot of two car drafts (again sadly) because these cars will be a lot more easily wrecked by bump drafting.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't watched much of the testing (sadly) but from what I've heard the cars are excellent. It doesn't seem like there will be a lot of two car drafts (again sadly) because these cars will be a lot more easily wrecked by bump drafting.

See also: today.

The cars do look pretty awesome! I wasn't so crazy about them when I saw pictures but they look nice, the Chevy's especially.

I think the big thing for me is that the cars have shoulders. They aren't slab sided like the old ones.

My excitement is throbbing.

Even though most cars you see today on the road are slab sided, racing cars need hips. Also, the racing version should always look cooler than the street version. That wasn't the case last year.

My belief was that Burton was just keeping the seat warm for Dillon. Guess Dillon goes to the #29 now, or he goes to the #31 in '14 and Childress finds another driver for the #29.

What about Dale Jr to replace Harvick? Its not like he is doing anything at Hendrick.

I can't blame Harvick for bolting, but SHR is going to most likely take a serious hit if they cater to Danica's every need.

I can't blame Harvick for bolting, but SHR is going to most likely take a serious hit if they cater to Danica's every need.

Why? Danica is the female version of Dale Jr or Tim Tebow. She just has to show up each week and start the car and that team makes money. The media follows her every move and that's good enough for sponsors.

VN Store

Back