5-10
40 4.50
CLASS OF 20
MARYVILLE, TN
(MARYVILLE)

AJ Davis, Maryville, Wide Receiver

Rivals.com

A.j. Davis - Hudl

Davis will be on campus tomorrow per Austin Price. On podcast Price is very high on this kid and says the staff is taking a very close look, offer may come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy visit because it’s close by, but still two visits in a week. Are there other recruits we might be looking at at maryville?

Reactions: 1 person
I believe this is the kid I saw ball out in State Semis.

Said to my father in law, 'that kid will be a national recruit'.

Show nuff.

If y’all dont know who this kid is look up his grandfather Albert Davis from alcoa was supposed to be the first black player to sign with Tennessee back in 1967 but due to test scores didn’t qualify his Pops al jr was a beast as well

I remember his granddad in high school. I was just a kid when Al Sr. played but he was a man among men, had a brief career with the Philadelphia Eagles, if I remember correctly. Al jr. was a heck of a running back for Alcoa back in his playing days too. I think his granddad ended up playing for Tennessee State.

Last edited:
I heard a story about this kid this weekend. I guess he lived in Memphis area for awhile and begged his mom to move back up here so he could play for Alcoa where his dad and grandpa both played. And now he plays for Maryville. Just a story I heard, not sure if true if anyone knows why he plays for Maryville instead of Alcoa I’d be curious to know.

I heard a story about this kid this weekend. I guess he lived in Memphis area for awhile and begged his mom to move back up here so he could play for Alcoa where his dad and grandpa both played. And now he plays for Maryville. Just a story I heard, not sure if true if anyone knows why he plays for Maryville instead of Alcoa I’d be curious to know.

A better chance to be recruited by schools and better competition

I suppose. Alcoa plays fairly tough competition though.

Yes they are but compared to a 5A and 3A is much different alcoa is starting to have to play people in different areas in Tennessee cuz some teams don’t want to play them anymore

He may be quick, but he's getting ran down quite a bit. At 15 years old that's when you start to gain your highest level of speed.

I'll be interested to see how progresses

Needs to run track bigtime. That might be all he needs...

Kid is very quick off the ball, makes very direct cuts, is elusive, and has great vision. He doesnt have the stride for the long haul but he is perfect for the slot game. This kid will be a vol. IMO

He may be quick, but he's getting ran down quite a bit. At 15 years old that's when you start to gain your highest level of speed.

I'll be interested to see how progresses

Needs to run track bigtime. That might be all he needs...

So your saying he will never be faster than as he is at 15? people get faster all the time as they get into college and access strength program and body develops.

VN Store

Back