'20 TN OL/DL Bryn Tucker

2020 could be a huge cycle for O-line. These 2, plus Ratledge and little Wray, who seems to be higher on us than big bro ever was. There are also 3 O-linemen out of Memphis who are already rated as 4* on 247.

four-star class of 2020 offensive lineman bryn tucker of knoxville (tenn.) catholic high school told govols247 that he’s planning to visit tennessee on thursday.

The 6-foot-4.5, 300-pound tucker said he plans to be in attendance for the vols’ second spring practice thursday afternoon.

Former tennessee coach butch jones’ staff gave tucker his second scholarship offer in july 2016, and tucker has visited the vols several times since then.

He now holds offers from more than a dozen schools, including alabama, lsu, notre dame, ohio state, oklahoma, ole miss and south carolina.

Tucker is ranked by 247sports as the no. 40 overall prospect and no. 8 offensive tackle in the 2020 class and the no. 1 sophomore from the state of tennessee.

All four predictions on the 247sports crystal ball point to tennessee as the favorite to land him.

Reactions: 3 people
2020 could be a huge cycle for O-line. These 2, plus Ratledge and little Wray, who seems to be higher on us than big bro ever was. There are also 3 O-linemen out of Memphis who are already rated as 4* on 247.

This 2019 OL class could be special too if they get Lampley, Morris and Wright. Tucker is a no brainer elite prospect in '20. I'd love to see them land one of those Memphis kids as well. I am skeptical that Mays will be a priority / take. I'm not expecting him to be all that highly rated. He looks kind of small for a high end SEC prospect and not overly big framed.

Reactions: 1 person
This 2019 OL class could be special too if they get Lampley, Morris and Wright. Tucker is a no brainer elite prospect in '20. I'd love to see them land one of those Memphis kids as well. I am skeptical that Mays will be a priority / take. I'm not expecting him to be all that highly rated. He looks kind of small for a high end SEC prospect and not overly big framed.

Mays will be a stud and i want him as a VOL ASAP.

Reactions: 1 person
From poster on VQ...

Sources close to me confirm Coach Helton was at Catholic today for about 30-45 mins visiting a certain 300lb plus 2020 OL. Busy day with UGA and Notre Dame there also.
UT visit went to very well.

Reactions: 8 people

Paraphrased recap

What are you focused/working on right now?

Improving my team and winning b2b state championships.

What about your future? Where are you in the process?

Not really worried about it. Have a top 4 but don't want to say who right now. (talks more about his current team and working hard)

What are you looking for in a school?

Looking for best situation possible, good education. About the redshirt deal. Coming in freshman season where would they put you at. Just go visit and try to get a comfortable feel for it. All the schools I've been to it's been pretty good.

Big transition at Tennessee with new staff. Where are you in getting to know Pruitt and Friend?

Talk a lot lately. Great coaches, going to turn this program around and I believe that a lot. Me and coach Helton talk sometimes. Hes coming to practice this week so I expect to talk to him then. He came last week and spoke to me and Cooper for about 45 minutes. I like what they've been doing so far and I can't wait to see what they're going to do this year.

Approach to seeing schools during the summer?

When you go to the school try and find the best fit. Think towards the draft prospects. (Mentions coming back and staying for the rest of his life - good for the home team). Comfortable fit for him and his family.

Know who you're going to see this summer?

Mostly just my top four. Will go to some games this season.

Timetable to commit?

Senior year probably. Haven't set a deadline to commit but my top four will be announced either on his birthday or in December.

Reactions: 2 people
4-star OL Bryn Tucker told me he will camp with Tennessee on June 16. Tucker has been a frequent visitor on Vols campus but good to get him back working out in front of the new staff.

He currently has no other camp plans this month, either.

-Simonton

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back