'19 TN RB Eric Gray

He tries to bounce everything outside, he doesn’t have the quickness to do that. Needs to be decisive and hit the hole.
I know what you meant, and I agree. I think part of it is that our line doesn't do a great job of opening up holes. I dont watch us play often and find myself saying, "Man, what a hole that was to run thru."

I was listening on radio when he did his dance. Announcer said " be a man go through that guy dont dance with him".

When the team needs a first down bad, and you can see it, take it, don't play with the D.

Jordan isn't built to be the speed back on our roster. He's built to be a between the tackles back. We need both. Jordan is fine.
Somebody needs to let him know that he doesn’t have the speed to be a “speed back” and to stop bouncing the the play outside on literally every carry he gets. It appears he’s allergic to running between the tackles. Also, his instincts once he does get to the second level are poor. Had a certain first down on 3rd and long yesterday, and rather than get upfield to keep the drive going, he for some reason went laterally and was stopped short...inexcusable imo and it’s something they’re having a very difficult time coaching out of him. Either Chandler or Banks definitely get that first down yesterday.

And the sooner Banks can stop fumbling the ball and supplant Jordan as the #2 back, the better off we’ll be. If Banks wasn’t awful at ball security, in a perfect world, it’d be Chandler as the starter, Banks his backup and Jordan #3.

After Spring, summer and fall practice....and 7 weeks of the season, they are clearly having a difficult time coaching it out of him. Time for to sit and see if Banks has solved his fumbling issue imo.

Well apparently the coaches don't trust him enough to put him in yet and I for one was very happy to see us using Chandler more and in different ways. I do hope Banks gets it fixed cause he is a powerful runner but he is killing us with a fumble a game.

Well apparently the coaches don't trust him enough to put him in yet and I for one was very happy to see us using Chandler more and in different ways. I do hope Banks gets it fixed cause he is a powerful runner but he is killing us with a fumble a game.
In the same light....... I'd rather run for 0 yards 3 times in a row and bounce everything outside despite having a clear between-the-tackles running lane than fumble. I love the way Banks runs, but we don't have enough talent to lose the turnover battle and still win games. Need to bring in Tiki Barber as a RB fumble analyst

A run play shouldn't be a bigger gamble than a pass play, ever.

In the same light....... I'd rather run for 0 yards 3 times in a row and bounce everything outside despite having a clear between-the-tackles running lane than fumble. I love the way Banks runs, but we don't have enough talent to lose the turnover battle and still win games. Need to bring in Tiki Barber as a RB fumble analyst

A run play shouldn't be a bigger gamble than a pass play, ever.

Let me make it clear. My references was to Banks not being trusted in a big game because of his costly fumbles, not that I think Jordan is a better option. Jordan drives me nuts with his dancing around that cost us a first down.

Banks will probably get a few chances Saturday at some point. UT needs another back to step up.
Chandlers game is on the edge and catching balls out of the backfield. Hes not bad between the tackles.

Jordan has vision problems and a magnetic force or something pulling him to the sidelines and hes just not the athlete to get it there.

Let me make it clear. My references was to Banks not being trusted in a big game because of his costly fumbles, not that I think Jordan is a better option. Jordan drives me nuts with his dancing around that cost us a first down.
Jordan bouncing everything outside is maddening and kills drives. It's hard to watch lol...

But if Saquon Barkley had fumbling issues like Banks has had, he'd have been on the bench at Penn State. Like I said... I love the player Banks is... love his energy, love his running style, love his drive... but he can NOT play if he puts the ball on the ground. They need to fix that cause we need him getting carries... he's clearly the best power back we have, other than that fumble thing :(

Reactions: Billy Antrim
After Spring, summer and fall practice....and 7 weeks of the season, they are clearly having a difficult time coaching it out of him. Time for to sit and see if Banks has solved his fumbling issue imo.
I remember a movie and it could have really happened somewhere, get him to carry the football around campus to classes and let everybody (players) try and knock it out all day. Hey practice makes perfect.

I know what you meant, and I agree. I think part of it is that our line doesn't do a great job of opening up holes. I dont watch us play often and find myself saying, "Man, what a hole that was to run thru."
We had a great opening on Chandler's 1st run and he gained 18 yds. TC had 50 yds on 16 carries. Take away the 1 opening and he was 32 yds on 15 carries - average 2.1 ypc

Jordan averaged 2.0 ypc.
Chandler is without a doubt the better back but Jordan is nowhere near as bad as VN portrays.

Reading the game threads, Chandler 1 yd gain, VN "man our O-line sucks'".
Next run was Jordan for 1 yd gain, VN "Man Jordan sucks"
Once the narrative is set, all facts be damned.

We had a great opening on Chandler's 1st run and he gained 18 yds. TC had 50 yds on 16 carries. Take away the 1 opening and he was 32 yds on 15 carries - average 2.1 ypc

Jordan averaged 2.0 ypc.
Chandler is without a doubt the better back but Jordan is nowhere near as bad as VN portrays.

There's truth here but Jordan has no vision and makes bad decisions. No way he should be getting as many touches as he is.

Jordan averaged 2.0 ypc.

Incorrect.

There's truth here but Jordan has no vision and makes bad decisions. No way he should be getting as many touches as he is.
He's definitely not a Chandler/Kelly type talent. But he is everything he was picked up for - depth with potential for more and great hands for short passes.
I should have also added, while I haven't checked after the Auburn game, he averaged more yards per carry than Banks before.
Banks has that hard-nosed straightforward run we all love, but there's no denying the production. Jordan gets more yards than Banks over the long haul.

He's definitely not a Chandler/Kelly type talent. But he is everything he was picked up for - depth with potential for more and great hands for short passes.
I should have also added, while I haven't checked after the Auburn game, he averaged more yards per carry than Banks before.
Banks has that hard-nosed straightforward run we all love, but there's no denying the production. Jordan gets more yards than Banks over the long haul.
Banks won't get the opportunity unless he fixes the ball security. And for now if that's what gives Jordan the edge, that's fine...I get it. But hard to talk about production since Banks isn't getting touches lately (rightly so per the security issue).

But Jordan had opportunities to make plays and didn't. I feel pretty confident that if it were Banks on that swing pass he'd of run over or thru the defender... Not stop running.

That play pissed me off lol.

Reactions: volsagain
Banks won't get the opportunity unless he fixes the ball security. And for now if that's what gives Jordan the edge, that's fine...I get it. But hard to talk about production since Banks isn't getting touches lately (rightly so per the security issue).

But Jordan had opportunities to make plays and didn't. I feel pretty confident that if it were Banks on that swing pass he'd of run over or thru the defender... Not stop running.

That play pissed me off lol.
Agree, Banks makes the 1st down and Jordan has to stop dancing.

But the Jordan vs Banks comment was their Average per carry. Number of opportunities isn't a factor. It was also before Auburn so their attempts were similar.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Banks is the best back on the team not named Ty Chandler. Problem is Pruit don't trust him to hold onto the ball..

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

Jordan averaged 2.0 ypc.

Jordan's first run was also 18 yards. Take that out and he had 12 runs for 8 yards

VN Store

Back