'19 TN DE Joseph Anderson (SC signee)

If he ends up getting better players, I don’t give a **** where they came from...my observation.

Me either. But JP could have made a huge mistake by saying he was gonna dominate the state in recruiting. I mean there is a real chance that the top 3 players in the state sign somewhere else. If they do its not that big of a deal. But some are going to take that as he is not that good.

Me either. But JP could have made a huge mistake by saying he was gonna dominate the state in recruiting. I mean there is a real chance that the top 3 players in the state sign somewhere else. If they do its not that big of a deal. But some are going to take that as he is not that good.

He’s going to go after who he wants. Evaluations are based on the kid fitting the scheme. I’m excited to see who else he brings in. I like this kid though good kid.

Reactions: 2 people

He's going to dominate the state by cherry picking the very best that fits his system and are high character players. Not just based off of some writers' ranking. I don't care if he gets a guy from Alaska who trains by running down caribou and tackling polar bears. If he's fits the system, then sign him up.

He's going to dominate the state by cherry picking the very best that fits his system and are high character players. Not just based off of some writers' ranking. I don't care if he gets a guy from Alaska who trains by running down caribou and tackling polar bears. If he's fits the system, then sign him up.

Tell me more about this prospect from Alaska. He sounds like he'd be a perfect fit at inside LB in Pruitt's system. :)

If he ends up getting better players, I don’t give a **** where they came from...my observation.

(Newt reads post)
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Lmao.

Did Al Wilson move to Alaska and have children?

Reactions: 1 person
On the VQ podcast a few weeks ago they mentioned that he was a bit of a tweener and that he did not have a strong junior year.

This. His junior film is not all that impressive for a 4-star type DL prospect. Nothing stood out. If I had to pick a current player that he reminds me of it would be someone like Thaxton. Like with several of these guys in this in-state class, they have not developed like it was assumed they would when these original rankings came out a year or two ago when they were freshman and sophomores in high school. These player rankings will look completely different 6 months from now.

To me, Anderson is a defensive tackle and I think once he embraces that move inside and bulks up to the 280-pound range he will be much more consistent and effective. I believe Tennessee has shown some interest in him as a tight end, though.

Woody

Joseph Anderson on Vimeo

Anderson and Coach Rocker talk weekly. He plans to be back on campus this summer. He wants to see how hard they recruit him when he visits. Says schools recruiting him the hardest are USCe, OSU, LSU, Ark, Ole Miss, Miss st. Sounds like he'd be a Vol if we wanted him bad enough.

VN Store

Back