6-0
CLASS OF 19
IRMO, SC
(IRMO)

Kendrell Flowers, Irmo, All Purpose Back

Rivals.com

Kendrell Flowers - Hudl

[twitter]996438305507037184[/twitter]

“wake forest still is my top school right now. That’s the school i’m going to go to. (but), once i visit other schools, if they’ve got something that i’m more interested in and i feel more at home there than i do at wake, that’s the time i’ll start to look around more.”

tennessee showed interest in him for “about a month,” he said, before giving him his first sec offer more than two weeks ago. “that was a big deal because that was my first sec school, and that’s a good conference for football. That was a big deal for me to get it,” flowers said. “to be the best, you’ve got to play against the best. That’s a very good conference to be in.”

“coach pruitt hit me up. I’d say this was about a month ago, and that’s when he told me they sat down as a staff, they liked my film, and that’s when i started talking to the running back coach, coach weinke,” flowers said. “they were just saying they liked a guy with my skill. They need better people. They’re starting a new program and things like that.”

clemson has shown interest in flowers, and he has family ties to the tigers. His uncle is raymond priester, a former clemson running back who once held the tigers’ single-season rushing record, and he said “my family’s huge clemson fans.” but he said he “was an oregon fan” growing up, and he wants to “be different, go somewhere different” rather than following in his uncle’s footsteps.

“i don’t want to go to clemson,” flowers said. “they have a nice facility, though. Don’t get me wrong. They’ve got really nice coaches, nice players — things like that.” he said nearby south carolina also has “offered a lot of running backs, so i just feel like they believe in them more than they believe in me.”

Reactions: 3 people
refreshing to hear that level of honesty, regarding Clemson. usually that would get hte standard response bout how great it is etc....flat out say 'not going there' and then tell you why....well done.

He basically took a dump on both Clemson and South Carolina. I really want this kid to be a Vol now.

also set to be in town sunday is wake forest tailback commit kendrell flowers. The 3-star ‘back picked up a tennessee offer in may and has quickly become a candidate to join the 2019 class. Flowers hears from ut’s staff almost everyday, and the weekend visit will be his first time in knoxville.

- vq

Reactions: 7 people
The Vols jumped into the mix in late May, and now Flowers plans to make his first visit to Rocky Top this weekend.

“I’ve had a lot of communication with coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and coach (Chris) Weinke,” Flowers told VolQuest.

“They all do a good job checking in on me and seeing what’s up. I actually just got off the phone with coach (Chris) Rumph. We set a date for me to come up there this weekend. On Sunday.”

Flowers stars for Irmo High in Columbia, right in South Carolina’s backyard, but while the Gamecocks have shown inconsistent interest, Tennessee’s offer was “a really big deal.”

“It was huge for me to know that an SEC school believed in me. That’s the best conference in college football, the hardest conference, they have the best competition. In order to be the best, you have to beat the best. It was a huge offer for me to get,” Flowers said.

“They like my speed. They like the way I can come out of the backfield and catch the ball. My versatility really stood out to them because they said they could do a lot more stuff with me in the backfield than they could do with other ‘backs.”

With a visit now set for Tennessee, Flowers is looking forward to meeting Pruitt, Weinke and Rumph face-to-face. He is not working out with the Vols on Sunday, and instead, plans to tour the campus and hang with the staff. Flowers is adamant that he’s solid to Wake Forest, but says Tennessee hopes to him something think about with a closer look.

“They said maybe I’ll go to one school and feel more at home there than I do at Wake, so they just told me that the recruiting process is an opportunity and really get a look at all these schools,” he said.

“They told me not to just visit Tennessee, but all schools. See as much as I can, to really get the feeling for all schools. I’m just seeing if they have something better to offer me than Wake.”
VQ

“They told me not to just visit Tennessee, but all schools. See as much as I can, to really get the feeling for all schools. I’m just seeing if they have something better to offer me than Wake.”

If I was WF, I would not have done that. At least they are getting the inevitable flip over with.

Was it the WF coaches that told him that or the UT coaches? I couldn't tell for sure from yet another poorly written article.

Would a poorly written article include this sentence?

Flowers is adamant that he’s solid to Wake Forest, but says Tennessee hopes to him something think about with a closer look.

I really hopes to him you something to think about before you criticize another article.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back