'19 GA DT Jaelin Humphries

I thought Rocker was terrible with players and their parents according to the georgia crowd.

Never heard that. Parents and players like Rocker. The thing with Rocker is that he doesn't have a lot of patience with recruits who get hung up on scheme fit. He prefers players who love the game of football and just want to play regardless of scheme. At least that's the way he was at Georgia. The criticism from UGA fans directed at Rocker are mostly related to recruiting. He missed on Derrick Brown and Aubrey Solomon. I also happen to believe he's not a stickler for details when it comes to technique. It's not a coincidence that Kirby replaced him with a coach who teaches the principles of Pete Jenkins, which is the Bama way.

Reactions: 2 people
Never heard that. Parents and players like Rocker. The thing with Rocker is that he doesn't have a lot of patience with recruits who get hung up on scheme fit. He prefers players who love the game of football and just want to play regardless of scheme. At least that's the way he was at Georgia. The criticism from UGA fans directed at Rocker are mostly related to recruiting. He missed on Derrick Brown and Aubrey Solomon. I also happen to believe he's not a stickler for details when it comes to technique. It's not a coincidence that Kirby replaced him with a coach who teaches the principles of Pete Jenkins, which is the Bama way.

Aubrey Solomon’s Mom doesn’t agree with you.

Reactions: 1 person

Highly doubt Pruitt would hire a guy who didn’t teach the way he wanted and let’s be real Kirby and Pruitt learned the same D. Also, the new DL coach at UGA isn’t recruiting well from reading the dawgs board and they are less than impressed.

Reactions: 6 people
Highly doubt Pruitt would hire a guy who didn’t teach the way he wanted and let’s be real Kirby and Pruitt learned the same D. Also, the new DL coach at UGA isn’t recruiting well from reading the dawgs board and they are less than impressed.

I think it probably has more to do with kirby and Rocker not really being on the same page than any of these other rumors. Like their styles didn't really mesh so kirby replaced him. That happens sometimes and isn't always something negative that happened. But I would think since Pruitt, Rocker and Sherrer all worked together for 2 years at GA before kirby got there, they are probably pretty comfortable with each other and gel pretty well. Also, Sherrer was there before, during and after kirby let Rocker go and would've seen it all first hand, so if it was something negative why would Sherrer want him on this staff now? Sherrer is the DC so I imagine he could have veto'd the Rocker hire if he had concerns.

Reactions: 3 people

Some of the fans on the dawg boards are in constant melt down mode. My guess is they'll be pretty happy with the DL recruiting come signing day. Scott was the primary recruiter for Norton, and he's the primary for Travon Walker, Humphries, Derick Hunter, Eboigbe and Hinton. Hinton is likely a lost cause because of the dad's relationship with Harbaugh. Not going to fault Scott for that.

Reactions: 1 person

After studying both guys you are talking about... Jenkins and Rocker.... I can confidently say they "UGA fans" are very wrong.

Made his top 10 per a tweet that I didn’t include because it’s not worth the effort for such a long list.

Is it too much to have this guy and Cox. We need DL next year more than any other position. Imo

VN Store

Back