'19 GA DL Justin Eboigbe (Bama signee)

I'm of the opinion that Butch's classes, for the most part, were vastly overrated by recruiting analysts, and it's a large part of why this program is in the crapper. So yes, we could have signed Trey Knox and other higher-rated instate recruits to simply increase our arbitrary star rating this year, but is it more important to win the press conference on signing day, or win games on the field?

Kids like Morris, Wright, Egboigbe, and Pappoe are the type of players we need to be signing to change this program--not the over-rated in-state kids that, despite their ratings, aren't pursued by the top programs. We've already signed one of those four, and have a great chance with Wright. That's pretty damn impressive for a 5-7 team. But it's going to take more wins to get a larger percentage of the "program changers" that we've been striking out on.
Why is this so hard to understand?

The RF is home to us. You came and began educating Bass about his "recruiting eval" character. Bass is just fine, you just picked the wrong time to lecture. I know your intentions are good, but now isn't the time. đź‘Ť

I don't know where you've been the last 8+ years, but I've been in the RF. Ask Freak to look up my post history in the FB forum. It's probably in the single digits.

EDIT - Saw this post was already addressed. Carry on.

Reactions: AaronUT
What doom and gloom? Saying this is disappointing is not doom and gloom. I’m very happy with our signing class. Hoping we close with Wright and Crouch. But when there are reports that we could possibly flip Anderson and Eboigbe, I’m not going to apologize for hoping it happens
You don't need to apologize to anyone.

thats an easy excuse. #1 recruiting budget in all the land, great stadium, facilities, tradition.

dont feed me that ****. it very well may be a tough sell, it is what it is. Pruitt did a nice job but dont try to slide **** down my throat with more ****.

like ive said, if anyone cares...we have a team of great recruiters. we shouldnt expect to get Egboibe, it was too late on the RB. But my goodness, an instate kid to a rival?

that stings, at a position of need notnetheless. Feb better be a strong close cause the Gators and Bulldogs are loading up.

Pruitt is on year two.....
🙄

Unlike Clemson and Alabama, we actually (TN Fans) have a legitimate reason to be concerned. With regard to elite players we target, we are losing most of those battles. We need to win those battles to climb back into relevance, and most of you guys know that.
We, that are dealing with reality, know we have to get the recruits to climb out if the bottom of the east before we start melting because we are not competing with AL or GA. We did that this year.

truth be told classes with linemen are never ranked highly. we got SEC players today.

fyi youre prob looking at a mix of rivals, scout, and 247.

still said, its Pruitts second year. gotta win some recruiting battles you arent supposed to win. especially for instate guys. when you lose to Vandy, those are battles that have to win.

Botch won some of those battles. And he couldnt even coach.
UGA's #1 class last year with the top OL class debunks that "never ranked highly" statement.

Crouch may prove the battle we win that we arent supposed to.

Agree with all other points.

VN Store

Back