'19 GA DB Jammie Robinson (FSU)

Jammie Robinson is a Top 250 prospect with offers from every major program in the Southeast. The 4-star defensive back from Lee County (Ga.) already has a shortlist of top schools, but Tennessee has suddenly jumped into the mix after Robinson visited Rocky Top for the first time over the weekend.

“They really have,” he told VolQuest.

“It was a pretty fun visit. I hung out with all the coaches before the game. I spoke with coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, coach (Kevin) Sherrer, coach (Charles) Kelly. They were all really telling me that they need help. The season isn’t going as planned, but it’s a process. They want players.”

Robinson fits that description.

He’s the leader of a Lee County defense that has given up just a single touchdown all season while playing teams like Dr. Phillips — the defending 8A state champion in Florida. Tennessee likes the 5-foot-11, 190-pound prospect as a playmaking nickel or safety and the Vols have really upped their interest in Robinson over the past month, joining the likes of South Carolina, Georgia, Auburn and Alabama as major contenders for the Peach State prospect.

Sherrer was Robinson’s main recruiter at UGA last season and now that connection has moved to Tennessee. But most importantly, Robinson’s former high school coach at Crisp County, Shelton Felton, is now a Quality Control Assistant for the Vols. The two have a deep relationship spanning several years, as Felton, who was an outside linebackers coach at UT Chattanooga, served as a close family friend until he left South Georgia for the Volunteer State.

“That was one of the main connections to get me up there. Me and him, we’ve done been through a lot. You feel me?,” Robinson said.

“He’s really like a father to me. When I was in high school, he would pick me up for practice every morning, make sure I’m at school, make sure I (stayed out) of trouble. He has a good relationship with my mom and I have a good relationship with his wife, so he’s like my other father.”

Over all, Robinson was impressed with the atmosphere at Tennessee, especially the Vol Walk and Neyland Stadium. Despite watching a blowout loss to UF, the defensive back was surprised by the continued support of Big Orange Nation.

“The thing that stood out most to me was the fans. They were there. Early, too,” he said.
“Even though they haven’t been winning and have had lots of bad games, the fans stayed.”
Robinson might catch the Vols again this weekend if he opts to unofficially visit Georgia, but even if he doesn’t make the trip to Athens, he's penciled in plans to return back to Knoxville.

The 4-star once called South Carolina his leader, but he's in no rush to make a decision. He's set for a final announcement on National Signing Day in February, and over the weekend, Pruitt made it clear that that he’s the type of playmaker they need on Rocky Top.

“When I talked to coach Pruitt, he was telling me how bad they wanted me. He was telling me they’re not having a great year, but it’s his first year and it’s a process. It ain’t always going to be like that,” he said.

“I do think I’m going to take an official to Tennessee.”
— VQ

alight. i'm listening.........

it also is starting to feel like this class is about to kind of reset itself a bit, i think it's just a matter of when, not if, you start seeing some guys move out and others move in.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Haven't heard any of that chatter since before he committed.
really? i seem to remember reading about it the other day? can't remember where or i'd link it......

don't get me wrong...i hope there's no issue. i think that kid can play.

There's been talk of Harris's grades even after he committed to UT too. Nothing serious I don't think, just that there are concerns there.

Poster is female

@volfanngatorland is a female?

CHZfvp3.gif

He's playing some big time comp, playing against 8A in Georgia. Yeah, I want this kid to be a Vol. U gotta love a football player this physical with mad ball skills playing against the best in Georgia high school football and thriving

VN Store

Back