'19 CA CB Chris Steele (Florida commit)

According to a source, one of the reasons that Steele has decided to back off his pledge to USC is how the Bubba Bolden situation was handled internally and at the university-level.

The five-star cornerback from Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco and Bolden have been close for a while and Steele has watched that situation unfold in recent weeks. With Bolden no longer enrolled in school, Steele felt that situation was not dealt with properly and gave him some concern over his own commitment.

According to the person I talked to, the Steele family is still "pro-USC" and "loves USC" but is also encouraging the five-star cornerback to do what he feels is best for his own future.

Three schools have seemingly emerged as serious players: Florida, Oklahoma and Oregon.

Playing in the SEC and playing on the biggest stage has always appealed to Steele and according to the person I spoke with this morning, the five-star is very impressed with the DB tradition there and the job Todd Grantham is doing with the defense.

Oklahoma has always been a top school for Steele and he is close with Brendan Radley-Hiles among others so being tested in the pass-happy Big 12 would be a factor. Steele and Oregon assistant coach Donte Williams have had a great relationship for years. That will be something to watch.

The person I spoke with who's close to the Steele family wanted to make it clear that there is no love lost for USC and the coaching staff. But it is a situation where the five-star CB did not feel comfortable being committed there any longer and wants to consider other options, too.

-Rivals

Even if he commited tomorrow I’d be weary all the way to signing day but UF does have a fantastic recent history of putting CB’s in the draft and on all sec lists

And recently they’ve started as freshmen more and more both Marco and CJ did

Definitely need one of Steele or Elam or CB was a botch no excuse not land one elite DB and DL every year at UF with recent success should be easy sell

Last edited:
Gator atm but till he signs means nothing to me with Cali kids

That kid that flipped to Nebraska was final straw

VN Store

Back