'19 AL ATH Jadarious Martin

I never write off the athletic QB that's obviously the best athlete/star of a team... I'll say now... he ain't playing QB in the SEC... but athletes like him can shoot up if they stick him in right spot and teach him the position well...

I know at Hixson High School we had the Bullocks brothers (Josh and Daniel) Pretty sure Daniel was our QB and Josh was at RB... they won games double-handedly and made it to Nebraska, where they played safety... both ended up playing on Sunday, but Daniel with the Lions and Josh with the Saints... Josh was actually pretty decent in the NFL on the Saints as a safety... Daniel never really panned out despite being a 2nd round pick...

I have no idea what their star ratings were in 2001... it just goes to show that the quarterback and runningback at a high school are probably the best athletes that school
has on the field...

Any clue what position we are recruiting him for? Obviously I see the ATH just didn't know if we had a specific place.

Thanks.

I would guess slot or cb if he has the hips without the hands with this kids speed. He’s a track star.

I never write off the athletic QB that's obviously the best athlete/star of a team... I'll say now... he ain't playing QB in the SEC... but athletes like him can shoot up if they stick him in right spot and teach him the position well...

I know at Hixson High School we had the Bullocks brothers (Josh and Daniel) Pretty sure Daniel was our QB and Josh was at RB... they won games double-handedly and made it to Nebraska, where they played safety... both ended up playing on Sunday, but Daniel with the Lions and Josh with the Saints... Josh was actually pretty decent in the NFL on the Saints as a safety... Daniel never really panned out despite being a 2nd round pick...

I have no idea what their star ratings were in 2001... it just goes to show that the quarterback and runningback at a high school are probably the best athletes that school
has on the field...

Rumor used to be that Phil wanted Daniel but was unsure about Josh. Josh was an all American at Nebraska and lead the nation in interceptions his senior year I believe. If I remember correctly, they were both selected with the 40th pick overall, one year apart. I played against them their senior year at Hixson... they were good.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice. We need more speed.

I agree, I love jj and Marquez because they offer physical, 50/50 winning jump ball receivers. If Tyson wants that vertical home run threat like USC then we need a burner who can house it any chance he touches the ball.

Reactions: 1 person
Rumor used to be that Phil wanted Daniel but was unsure about Josh. Josh was an all American at Nebraska and lead the nation in interceptions his senior year I believe. If I remember correctly, they were both selected with the 40th pick overall, one year apart. I played against them their senior year at Hixson... they were good.

This was a strong rumor at the time, and one that I believe to be true.

VN Store

Back