'18 TN OL Ollie Lane (UT signee)

This is exactly who you want to sign and develop as newt posted - over a two year period. Perfect. Gets SEC strong, gains experience, learns the system/expectations, plug into the rotation as a 3rd year sophomore and never miss a beat.

Reactions: 1 person
Article from SEC Country:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Ollie Lane’s lifelong dream is about to begin, but the incoming freshman offensive lineman from nearby Gibbs High School knows there’s plenty of work ahead.

Lane is 6-foot-6 and 310 pounds, and new Tennessee offensive line coach Will Friend has told him opportunity will be there for immediate playing time.

“There’s a chance I could play right away, and going in that’s the plan,” said Lane, who projects as an offensive guard. “But Coach Friend was very clear that it’s going to take a lot of hard work and things are going to be very competitive.”

Lane’s 3-star rating is deceptive, as he had 21 FBS offers including fellow SEC offers Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Missouri — along with offers to play defensive end at Wisconsin and Cal.

Lane will be among the Vols’ 2018 signees who graduate early and enroll in January. Lane carries a 4.2 grade point average and his final day of high school is Tuesday, with Wednesday set aside for a 10 a.m. signing ceremony at Gibbs High School.

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome to Rocky Top. I definitely love to see "in state" players make the team and he appears to be a solid recruit. Lord knows we need linemen.

From Lane - “I am so blessed to have the opportunities to continue my athletic and academic careers at the school of my childhood dreams. Ever since I was a little boy I knew Tennessee was the place I wanted to be. I watched emerging stars glorifying the spirit of the Volunteers and the Knoxville community and of course saw and was part of a fan base so energetic in their support of their teams”

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back