'16 Turkey C Omer Yurtseven

bleedingTNorange

Ranked by 247 as #1 Center and #16 player overall, Vols have offered and are recruiting him very hard, have been to Turkey to see him in recent months.

Reactions: 8 people
Ranked by 247 as #1 Center and #16 player overall, Vols have offered and are recruiting him very hard, have been to Turkey to see him in recent months.

Even if we land Yurtseven, the NCAA would love nothing more than to declare him ineligible to continue its streak of hostility towards Vol basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
It'd be kinder and gentler, not to mention appropriate, to refer to him as a Turkish center rather than a Turkey Center.
That description makes me think of stuffing, not to mention tryptophan.

Reactions: 3 people
This kid played in a game against the Brooklyn Nets last fall. Just 16 years old at the time, he had 8 points, 7 rebounds & a block in just over 15 minutes of action.

491847048-omer-yurtseven-14-of-fenerbahce-istanbul-gettyimages.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
This guy is a great basketball player. He would be the best player on the Team. He would more than likely be a one and done player. He would make next year very interesting for Vol Fans! Go get him staff!!!

Reactions: 3 people
This kid played in a game against the Brooklyn Nets last fall. Just 16 years old at the time, he had 8 points, 7 rebounds & a block in just over 15 minutes of action.

491847048-omer-yurtseven-14-of-fenerbahce-istanbul-gettyimages.jpg

striped colored jersey, striped color ball....no sense of color coordination or fashion....Don't want

Barnes was talking a lot about him without mentioning his name on Vol Calls tonight. The replay should be available on utsports.com soon. I wasn't listening too closely as it was the usual coach speak. He was talking about not taking players that are saying that they will be one and done. Something about bad for team chemistry and that even Kevin Durant wasn't declaring himself to be a one and done. Then him and Kesling started talking about no geographical constraints when going after players. So it kind of sounded like he was talking about trying to land Turkey-Boy without actually saying it. I think that he also brought up 7 footers in the same discussion.

I actually like this kid's game. Lord knows we need a rim protector.

Barnes was talking a lot about him without mentioning his name on Vol Calls tonight. The replay should be available on utsports.com soon. I wasn't listening too closely as it was the usual coach speak. He was talking about not taking players that are saying that they will be one and done. Something about bad for team chemistry and that even Kevin Durant wasn't declaring himself to be a one and done. Then him and Kesling started talking about no geographical constraints when going after players. So it kind of sounded like he was talking about trying to land Turkey-Boy without actually saying it. I think that he also brought up 7 footers in the same discussion.

Would be such a great get if he can get him and he becomes eligible. From the looks of it now we'll have to go with a small lineup again next year but getting Yursteven would be huge no pun attended. Imagine a lineup of...

Turner
Mostella
Hubbs/Shembari (Don't know who I'd start there)
Yursteven
Alexander

Can't remember the last time we had length like that down low that can protect the rim. From what I read about Yursteven is that he can hit the 3 somewhat, and can hit the mid range jumper is why I'd put him in at the 4 instead of the 5 in that lineup because he would stretch out the floor.

Adding Turner and Yursteven will make next years team a tournament team. They are both all that we are currently missing on this years team.

Would be such a great get if he can get him and he becomes eligible. From the looks of it now we'll have to go with a small lineup again next year but getting Yursteven would be huge no pun attended. Imagine a lineup of...

Turner
Mostella
Yursteven
Alexander

Can't remember the last time we had length like that down low that can protect the rim. From what I read about Yursteven is that he can hit the 3 somewhat, and can hit the mid range jumper is why I'd put him in at the 4 instead of the 5 in that lineup because he would stretch out the floor.

Adding Turner and Yursteven will make next years team a tournament team. They are both all that we are currently missing on this years team.
Alexander can also make that mid range jumpshot, and apparently he's been really getting shots in. Imagine having two rim protectors and two bigs who can go in and out. Oh my.

If we landed Yurtseven, we will be young but fearless IMO. Just thinking of next year's roster makes me excited.

Turner
Mostella
Yursteven
Alexander

Shembari is gonna be good here. Dude can play

VN Store

Back