'15 TN WR Van Jefferson

SKILL ASSESSMENT: It may come as now surprised as Jefferson is one of the most polished receivers in the South seeing as his father is the wide receivers coach for the Tennessee Titans. Most who see Jefferson play describe his play as, 'smooth.' He's not the flashiest receiver, but he always seems to be open and makes the catch.

STATUS WITH VOLS: Jefferson camped with Tennessee this summer, where he received his offer, and has liked the Vols ever since. The Vols will have to battle some Big Ten teams, as he lived in Detroit up until this season.

OTHERS INVOLVED: Vanderbilt, Penn State, Michigan State

-VQ

SKILL ASSESSMENT: It may come as now surprised as Jefferson is one of the most polished receivers in the South seeing as his father is the wide receivers coach for the Tennessee Titans. Most who see Jefferson play describe his play as, 'smooth.' He's not the flashiest receiver, but he always seems to be open and makes the catch.

STATUS WITH VOLS: Jefferson camped with Tennessee this summer, where he received his offer, and has liked the Vols ever since. The Vols will have to battle some Big Ten teams, as he lived in Detroit up until this season.

OTHERS INVOLVED: Vanderbilt, Penn State, Michigan State

-VQ

Van...hahaha....der.....hahaha....bilt Bahahahaha!!! Stop it.

Had 4 catches for 35 yds and a TD in a 30-14 win versus Independence(Vic Wharton/Raashan Gaulden)

“I don’t know yet (where I will go)[.] I have to talk it over with my parents and everything.”

“Probably Ohio State is one of my leaders, (and) Ole Miss, Vandy and Tennessee,” Jefferson said. “Those are probably my leaders right now.”

“I receive a lot of letters from Tennessee,” Jefferson said. “I talk to Coach Azzanni here and there and things like that. I still keep in touch. We’re just building that relationship. I try to call him every other week, if I can. He wants me to keep in touch with him.”

“I have a real good interest in just keeping an eye on them, seeing how they’re doing, seeing how the receivers are doing — if they’re getting the ball and stuff like that. I have a real high interest in Tennessee, so I watch them every Saturday to see what’s kind of going on with their offense and things like that.”

He is looking into getting to UT this weekend, but he can't make it, he will try to visit Oct. 19 for the USCe game.

Good Lord. Jefferson was bumped 152 spots in the new 247 2015 player rankings. Jefferson is now the #246 overall player and is rated a 90, 4*.

Bell + Williams + Jefferson =

miley-fingering.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Jefferson said he has a few favorites already.

"Probably Ohio State and Tennessee right now, and Vanderbilt. Those are my 'highs' right now. It's a good process right now."

Shawn Jefferson was not the only member of the Titans who came out to see Van play on Thursday. Running back Chris Johnson was in attendance, in addition to wide receivers Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt and Justin Hunter. Van Jefferson has said before that he looks up to that group of Titans receivers, calling Hunter his favorite. Hunter—a tall, athletic wideout just like Jefferson—took pride in Jefferson's admiration for him.

Quotes from Justin Hunter on Van Jefferson:
"It means a lot," he said. "The thing is, I was the same size as him in high school. I know where he's coming from and everything. It means a lot to me to go out and do my thing, and that he looks up to me."

"He's a real explosive guy, long, lanky," Hunter said of Jefferson. "He scares defenses, you know, so they're gonna have to double him."

Hunter said that he has told Jefferson to just continue working hard, but he has not yet given him any advice on how to handle intense recruiting and the spotlight.

"I haven't yet, but I need to," he said. "There's a lot of things he needs to know."

Although, the Tennessee Vols alum did not hesitate to let his receivers coach know that Knoxville is a great option for Van.

"I told his dad that he needs to go there," Hunter said. "He'll be the next big thing, so go ahead and take the trip."

-gv247

Reactions: 5 people
"Van Jefferson was the obvious difference in Ravenwood's 24-23 overtime win Friday at Franklin, as the junior receiver caught three touchdown passes to keep his team unbeaten in District 11-AAA. . . . Jefferson's third score, a 2-yard reception from Avery Jankowski, set up the game-winning extra point by Ethan White. . . . "We felt like we had a huge advantage in overtime since we had gone overtime against Overton and La Vergne," said Jefferson, who had seven catches for 120 yards. "We knew what we had to do" (Ravenwood beats Franklin on blocked PAT in OT).

I said a couple of months ago that Jefferson and Williams would be great for 2015 with Woods and maybe Sanders. Imagine adding them to North, Croom, Pearson, and Malone. Damn.

Grew up Ohio St fan. Likes Coach Z and the way he coaches, talks to him once a week. Likes our offense and likes Marquez North.

“I definitely believe (Butch Jones) is going to turn it around. The way he is recruiting, they have a top three class coming in after this year, he is definitely doing something big after this year. I might be a part of it.”

CBJ sticks out to him and he believes in him. Vic is also recruiting him.

Scout.com: Vols in early on junior 4-star?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Visiting OSU according to ESPN.

2015 WR Van Jefferson (Brentwood, Ten./Ravenwood): Jefferson holds an Ohio State offer along with a few others from the Big Ten and SEC. He is a prospect who seems to be gaining momentum in his process and would be a good complement to some of the other receivers Ohio State has signed in past classes.

As in he's going to go to OSU and play for Meyer? I dont see much Percy Harvin in his game at all. He's not that kind of explosive athlete IMO.

This kid is a good ball player. He is better then the 2014 WR I watched play this year. He would start for any university in the state now.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back