'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

Probably my favorite RB in this class, even though I like Chaz Thornton and Keyante Green, but Derrick Green is my favorite.

Probably my favorite RB in this class, even though I like Chaz Thornton and Keyante Green, but Derrick Green is my favorite.

Let's take all three. We did have Travis Henry, Travis Stephens and Jamal Lewis on the team at one time.

Tom Smith, Marlin Lane, one of Green, Green, and Thornton playing with the other two red shirting, with Neal and Young the speed guys catching screens and returning kicks? And what if Imani Cross ends up being solid as well? Yes please.

Was suppose to go to Penn State this coming weekend but I doubt that happens now, said he is suppose to be coming to Tennessee for the Vandy game but he was suppose to be here for USCjr & didnt show up. The kid loves tOSU & it will be hard to pull him from them.

He is from the same HS as Curtis Grant who signed with Ohio State last year. They are the front-runner as of now.

This kid is, unfortunately, a Buckeye......no matter if they keep Fickel or hire someone new after this year. Like was said before, this is exactly the kind of RB prospect we need to start getting. However, if I am a RB prospect.....why would TN interest me at this point? We have a line that cant run block to save its life and NO dedicated RB coach. Two big strikes right off the bat.

Sounds like he really likes Ohio State. I wonder though what the failure to monitor charge from the NCAA does here. Most likely not that big of an effect, but who knows.

He was here for camp in the summer and 3 games this fall; UGA, USC and Vandy. I think this kid ends up a Vol, IMO.

Last edited:
New article on govols247:

Green said he loved his visit & even though it's early Tennessee will def get an OV next year from him. His mom & stepdad came w/ him on the visit, he has a great relationship w/ Coach Sirmon.

Sounds like Tennessee could be 2nd to Ohio State at this point.

Green said he loved his visit & even though it's early Tennessee will def get an OV next year from him. His mom & stepdad came w/ him on the visit, he has a great relationship w/ Coach Sirmon.

Sounds promising; however, these Meyer to OSU rumors today do not. Might be a real roadblock here for us.

If he stays on staff for a couple of years I see Sirmon getting a recruiter of the year award. IMO he is already one of the top recruiters in the SEC.

JMoore, Do you think Meyer continue to recruit him now that he is headed to Ohio State or how do you think that announcement affects this horse race?

Meyer shouldn't be an attractive coach for Green. We have seen his consistent failure to develop true running backs. Demps and Rainey fit perfectly into a Meyer attack, but they will not fit into the majority of pro schemes as the feature back.

VN Store

Back