'12 LA DT Gerron Borne

“I’m hearing that Tennessee has offered,” Borne said. “I have a lot of interest in their football program.”

“I don’t know too much about them,” Borne said. “I have watched them on television a couple of times. I love the atmosphere and I love the way everyone sings Rocky Top.”
- Scout

Borne, as expected, is hearing from several college programs, including Texas A&M, Tennessee, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Ole Miss.

"I like Texas A&M and they're telling me to stay in there and that my offer will come after National Signing Day," said Borne. "Terrell Williams, their defensive line coach, is the one recruiting me.

"Terry Joseph (from the New Orleans area) is recruiting me for Tennessee. Nebraska just recently started sending me stuff. I'm not hearing from Florida State yet, but I'd like to...I'm going to send them my highlight tape when I get it finished."
- Scout

“I have watched them on television a couple of times. I love the atmosphere and I love the way everyone sings Rocky Top.”

Vol Lock! :)

Interest in Vols and Aggies.
Friends with Aggie Floyd Raven.
While he's never set foot in Knoxville, Borne said he knows a little bit about the Vols.

"They're nice, real nice. SEC. It's nice and close to home, not too far," Borne said. He said he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make a trip to Tennessee this spring and summer.
-VQ

Last edited:
In CDD I trust. That said, I wonder, did Tennessee pull the trigger too quickly? Granted, there is a need for DT's, BUT there are several (very talented) DT's that too, have expressed an interest in becoming a Vol...more than the 3 we need to sign in 2012. IMO.

In CDD I trust. That said, I wonder, did Tennessee pull the trigger too quickly? Granted, there is a need for DT's, BUT there are several (very talented) DT's that too, have expressed an interest in becoming a Vol...more than the 3 we need to sign in 2012. IMO.

No, we need to offer all the DT's we can not to mention he's probably going to end up in the Rivals 250.

James, Mann, O'Brein, and Taylor are the first four I would chose (not in any particular order).

I'm not saying take his committment. However, if he were to committ right now I doubt we would tell a 6'4 275 lb DT no thanks. I'm just saying that we didn't jump the gun with the offer. We absolutely have got to offer as many DT's we can and cast a wide wide net.

I'm not saying take his committment. However, if he were to committ right now I doubt we would tell a 6'4 275 lb DT no thanks. I'm just saying that we didn't jump the gun with the offer. We absolutely have got to offer as many DT's we can and cast a wide wide net.

Disagree.
Think about it. Please explain how a coach makes an offer to a recruit but then refuses to take that players commitment. :loco::loco:

Disagree.
Think about it. Please explain how a coach makes an offer to a recruit but then refuses to take that players commitment. :loco::loco:

That was my point bud. Cast a wide net and get on as many as we can.

Last edited:
Keith Niebuhr just tweeted that Borne has named the Vols as his early leader. Get after them big uglies Coach Dooley!

VN Store

Back