'12 GA DE Jordan Jenkins

"I've been to games at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech and Florida this year," Jenkins said. "So far, I would have to say my favorite has been the visit to Florida for their game against LSU. It was a close game and the crowd was into it right until the end and overall it was just a great game day experience. But all the visits were great and I really wouldn't put Florida ahead of anyone else yet."
- Rivals Article

According to Chad Simmons twitter Jenkins will be hear Saturday!

Jordan "The Freak" Jenkins was unable to make it to FSU Sat., but the 6-3/235 DE out Harris County (GA) plans to visit Tennessee this Sat.

damnit GT09, every time you post our group optimism level goes down

No reason to fret now. He's got about 15 months before his college decision is official....a lot changes in that time. I was just saying that is how things stand with him as of today.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No reason to fret now. He's got about 15 months before his college decision is official....a lot changes in that time. I was just saying that is how things stand with him as of today.

I was just playing around, it seems like we convince ourselves into believing that everybody is a UT lean (Auburn Fan Syndrome), and you come in and ground us in reality

per Chad Simmons, after todays visit he has placed us firmly in his top 5 with Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Ga Tech.

Scout’s Take: Jenkins is explosive off the ball and his quickness and toughness allows him to pressure the quarterback often from his defensive end position. He has continued to get bigger and he could play rush end or stand up at outside linebacker on the next level. He is very athletic and he plays with a lot of energy. Jenkins rarely came off the field in 2010 and was always around the ball. He is such a freakish athlete with a great work ethic.
- Scout

One school that Jenkins said was in his top group before, and remains high on his list is Auburn.

"They were in my top group, and right now they are in my top group," Jenkins said. "I had a top three before I went to all these games, but after visiting a number of places, I have a group of schools I like. But Auburn is in my top group.
- Rivals

Also Jenkins has picked up a UK offer.

To add I really really really hope all the Cam stuff is true & the NCAA hammers Auburn. I'm getting tired of seeing every recruit fall over themselves trying to get to Auburn.

Named Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee as his top schools. Was at the GT vs UGA game with his parents.

With the recent stuff I'm hearing involving the FBI, it does not look good for auburn at all.

"I feel different about Georgia now and they have moved up my list," he said. "The time with the staff, seeing how Georgia does things in the locker room after the game, the fans, and just the whole visit has given me a new opinion of Georgia."
- Scout

Top 3 Alabama, GT, & Florida.

"I haven't talked to anyone over at Florida but I still can't believe this. It really got me by surprise."

"I still like them a lot. I wonder who the new head coach will be. It might be a little weird at first to think Meyer isn't the head coach but the new guy will be great I'm sure."
- Scout

"I just have four or five schools that are standing out," Jenkins said. "I have a top half and bottom half. Auburn, Florida, Georgia Tech and Tennessee, and then after that it would go down to Georgia."
- Rivals

Coach Rocker from Auburn was at Jenkins school on Tuesday.

"Right now, there are a bunch of schools tied together at the top for me.," Jenkins said. "Alabama is definitely one of them right along with Florida, Tennessee, Auburn and Georgia Tech.
- Rivals

Jenkins is one of the top overall prospects in the South for 2012. The few times I saw him in one-on-ones he was too quick to defend. He is a very good athlete and clocked a 4.76 40-yard dash at the combine. He is explosive and does a great job using his hands. He needs to get stronger and continue to add weight to his frame.
- Scout

"Right now I am concentrating on Alabama, Florida, Georgia Tech, Auburn,Tennessee with Georgia and South Carolina starting to move up,' he said.
Jenkins says it does not matter to him what type of defense he plays in whether it is a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.
"It does not really matter to me, as long as I am getting sacks what type of defense I am playing in."

per 247sports

VN Store

Back