“JG” National Player Of The Week

zomg.gif

I just can't figure out if he deserves (all) the credit or, if his QB coach deserves the lions share? Same kid on the field that has lost a pile of games but, huge difference in results.

I just can't figure out if he deserves (all) the credit or, if his QB coach deserves the lions share? Same kid on the field that has lost a pile of games but, huge difference in results.
At the end of the day JG is the one on the field. He is making the decisions and taking the hits. He is throwing the ball and putting in the work to get better and its paying off. Coaches get paid to do their job

What’s the point? Kids with talent and potential who get and take good coaching improve. That’s all that’s happened here. Anyone who knows what they’re watching saw his potential some last year and his improvement from day 1 this year. And as he’s continued to work hard and improve, voila!....we get what we got from JG vs Auburn. No reason to try and figure anything out here, it’s pretty simple.

Reactions: jarnol32
Grats to JG and keep it rolling! He looked really good vs Auburn and at times it looked like a throwback to WRU days.
Resiliency: Check +
Killer Laser Arm: Check +
Instinct / Awareness: Check (it's developing :D)
Passion / Leadership: Check +
Maybe all we needed to do was turn the kid loose and give him a modicum of protection? Keep JG safe and let him make those pinpoint throws. He could be a be a monster for us.

What a great ambassador for the University. He has been dedicated all Vol since before he arrived on campus. He has a confident charisma, is very intelligent, and so well spoken in interviews. Job well done Mom and Dad!

Jarrett, congrats on the great game and national recognition! Proud your a Vol!

His stats before Auburn were no where near as bad as some on this site think they were. Actually check out the stats before making it seem like this result came out of nowhere.

Yes. I am devastated the QB finally got it together and played a good game...

If that’s your actual take, you’re more ignorant about football and QB play than I even knew. JG has been one of more consistent bright spots of the team all season. He’s played very well prior to the Auburn game when virtually no one else around him has. He simply played at an All-SEC QB level on Saturday, and anyone that’s seen your anti-JG screeds the last few months knows that you weren’t pleased by him playing so well. Too obvious.

You’re hoping against all hope that he plays horribly vs Alabama or SCar so you can start railing against the kid again. Here’s hoping you’re wildly disappointed again come Saturday evening.

Awesome.

Can we get a repeat performance Saturday?

He’d be our player of the decade.
he can skip this saturday if he has a couple more of those type games him against anyone not named UNCC.

I am happy for JG and it appears that he has matured since last years game vs Georgia Tech.
Regardless of how good or bad a team Auburn is, it was an opportunity for him to get in sync with his WR's. He and they did a great job.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...guarantano-for-go-ahead-drive-against-auburn/

“You talk about growing up in one drive?” Herbstreit said. ” … That could be a pivotal point in this young man’s career.”

I’ve always felt like he had potential to be one of the better QBs in the conference. I couldn’t be more happy for him.

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back