Parents With Little Screaming Kids

Better yet:

Men_s_Genuine_Leather_Belt.jpg

That was one thing my parents didn't even start to tolerate. If I acted up in public, it was on. I think that's why it drives me so %#^$#()@ crazy. I also think it's why loud people (we've all heard them at parties, diners, etc.) get on my nerves so much. Oh yeah, and rednecks that have no cooth in public as well. (Whistling at women, talking bout what they'd do with that, etc.)

Last edited:
My daughter is way too young for the belt yet. She is going through the worst part of her teething (molars) and has been a bear lately. We were out eating and she started to cry because we a fork away from her. She started that high pitched squealing and I had to take her outside to calm down. She is 21 months and starting the terrible two's. I try fella's so if you see (or hear) us out cut me a little slack, I'm trying!:)

with all do respect, it's easy for people with no kids to say that stuff. kids are kids and sometimes they act like well kids. you should always take them outside if they are acting badly. i am not afraid to spank mine, but you try that in public nowadays and you run the risk of going to jail.

I was at a Hooters in Va Beach, during lunch, sitting right next to this kid in a high chair. This kid was going at it. The mind shatter shril-screaming, throwing his sippy cup on the floor, the whole 9 yards. There were maybe 8-15 people in the place, excluding waitresses.

His parents just kept eating and would just pick up the sippy cup and not do anything with him. I could lean out and reach the kid to tell you how close I was to all of this.

Anyway, it got to the point of being ridiclious so after atleast 10 minutes of this, I grabbed my food and drink and walked outside to eat the rest of my More Than A Mouthful Burger. The mom and dad combo kept eyeing me and my girlfriend outside like we were the assholes in the situation.

I was at a Hooters in Va Beach, during lunch, sitting right next to this kid in a high chair. This kid was going at it. The mind shatter shril-screaming, throwing his sippy cup on the floor, the whole 9 yards. There were maybe 8-15 people in the place, excluding waitresses.

That was your first mistake. Hooters' food sucks!

Reactions: walkenvol
with all do respect, it's easy for people with no kids to say that stuff. kids are kids and sometimes they act like well kids. you should always take them outside if they are acting badly. i am not afraid to spank mine, but you try that in public nowadays and you run the risk of going to jail.

I agree, its easy for us that have no kids to just say go do something, its not that easy. But I think what Business is saying and what I would agree with, is those that do absolutely nothing or do very minimal and the kid is still acting up. There is a lack of discipline these days. This weekend I was at a store waiting in line, looking in another direction and some little 3 or 4 year old boy walked in between me and the person infront of me and ended up stepping on me. Had I seen this kid I would have moved out the way, but still it was uncalled for. The parent saw this and did absolutely nothing so that kid is going to continue to do stuff like that because there is no discipline or even letting the child know that there is something wrong with doing something like that.

I agree, its easy for us that have no kids to just say go do something, its not that easy. But I think what Business is saying and what I would agree with, is those that do absolutely nothing or do very minimal and the kid is still acting up. There is a lack of discipline these days. This weekend I was at a store waiting in line, looking in another direction and some little 3 or 4 year old boy walked in between me and the person infront of me and ended up stepping on me. Had I seen this kid I would have moved out the way, but still it was uncalled for. The parent saw this and did absolutely nothing so that kid is going to continue to do stuff like that because there is no discipline or even letting the child know that there is something wrong with doing something like that.
it's pretty easy to parent from the cheap seats.

Letting little kids walk all over you windy? Come on, got to get a little tougher than that.

yeah i knew what he was saying and i agree completely. there are plenty of parents out there that just do not care. i have seen them myself many, many times. my kids are pretty good, but they do have their moments. sometimes all you can do is hold on for the ride, especially in public. the easy answer is to take them outside. i have had to do it more than once.

Letting little kids walk all over you windy? Come on, got to get a little tougher than that.

I know..I know...I would have pushed the kid back, but with all the witnesses, I don't think that would have been a good idea. :birgits_giggle: All I could do was give the mom the vw glare.

When kids are acting up, such as crying for something one of the worst things you can do is address it right away. It reinforces in them the idea that if they act up they get attention. It reinforces a negative. However after ignoring for a while they continue, you have to address it. It's not easy, you have to walk a thin line.

yeah i knew what he was saying and i agree completely. there are plenty of parents out there that just do not care. i have seen them myself many, many times. my kids are pretty good, but they do have their moments. sometimes all you can do is hold on for the ride, especially in public. the easy answer is to take them outside. i have had to do it more than once.

Well don't let this get to your head, but I'm sure it will:p, you are one of the good old men. :) Good job for being the good parent, or well claiming you are one. :birgits_giggle:

Well don't let this get to your head, but I'm sure it will:p, you are one of the good old men. :) Good job for being the good parent, or well claiming you are one. :birgits_giggle:

And thank you for being the doormat of todays youth!

When kids are acting up, such as crying for something one of the worst things you can do is address it right away. It reinforces in them the idea that if they act up they get attention. It reinforces a negative. However after ignoring for a while they continue, you have to address it. It's not easy, you have to walk a thin line.

:hi:

So are you saying you would let a kid go on for 5 minutes and then finally do something after the 6th minute for instance? Wouldn't that teach them that eventually they will get your attention so all they have to do everytime is continue and continue and well continue until they get it?

VN Store

Back