Popcorn Sutton arrested on Federal moonshining charges...

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
And of course, he was from Cocke County. :unsure:

The law gets notorious moonshiner Popcorn Sutton - again : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel

Federal authorities raided his Parrottsville property on Thursday, seizing three stills with 1,000-gallon capacities, hundreds of gallons of moonshine-making ingredients such as mash, more than 850 gallons of finished product, guns and ammunition, Dedrick said.

"Moonshine is romanticized in folklore and the movies," ATF Special Agent in Charge James Cavanaugh said in the release. "The truth, though, is that moonshine is a dangerous health issue and breeds other crime."

popcorn-sutton.jpg

There's a Discovery special on the history of Hillbillies, and he's in that special..

I have a relative in Georgia who's still is on display at Stone Mountain. Still was confiscated and he was fined a $1000. That was some smooth moonshine.

If it wasn't for MoonShine there would be no NASCAR! :)
That is how Nascar was formed, They would Race their suped up Stock Cars against one another (for Cash of Course) while they weren't making Liquor Runs.

"The truth, though, is that moonshine is a dangerous health issue and breeds other crime."

If the government don't get their cut through Taxes, then the other crime would be tax evasion. This is all this is about is The Gov. wants their money. This is why Cigarettes and Liquor is regulated in the first place. Same reason they are trying to stop online gambling. It's not about Law Enforcement, It's about Revenue.

Are you kidding me... the History of Hillbillies? What next... the History of Coonasses (Nick Saban reference)?

Making fun of Hillbillies and Rednecks?

Some people take pride as to where they come from. I live in the Twin Cities now but grew up in Tennessee. When people up here call me a Hillbilly or Redneck, it doesn't bother me. Because that is where I came from. I am proud of it. When you grow up in Tennessee, you learn early on where you are from.

Where you from boy? TENNESSEE! That's right, don't you forget it. It is practically drilled in your head since birth.

i'm not sure if it's because i was ridiculously tired last night or what, but when i saw his picture on the news...i fell off the couch laughing. my dog attacked me but it was worth the humor of the whole situation.

there's a guy from nebo(walland) that has been on springer around four times. he's a hometown celebrity. the story line was that he slept in a box in his front yard 'cause his wife wouldnt let him in.

Are you kidding me... the History of Hillbillies? What next... the History of Coonasses (Nick Saban reference)?

its actually a very interesting program. the hillbillies of old were some pretty wild characters. the History of Moonshine is also a great program to catch.

its actually a very interesting program. the hillbillies of old were some pretty wild characters. the History of Moonshine is also a great program to catch.

The building of the railroad was insane, pretty amazing how much you can do with your back and a boatload of sweat.

i'm not sure if it's because i was ridiculously tired last night or what, but when i saw his picture on the news...i fell off the couch laughing. my dog attacked me but it was worth the humor of the whole situation.

I was at Aubrey's watching the game when they had the news on and showed his picture on the screen. The whole bar was laughing.

Also notice that it was the Feds that had to arrest him... and not local Cocke County authorities. Obviously, Cocke County is living up to it's reputation as being the king of lawlessness in the state of Tennessee. Here you have a guy that openly promotes and advertises his moonshine in books and on TV and the like, and the authorities there can't seem to get him behind bars. I guess operating a moonshine still is pretty low on the totem pole in Del Rio and Parrotsville.

I'm not so sure murder isn't legal there.

Hey I am from Walland thank you!!! :p Get it right... He slept in his coon dog box in the back of his pickup truck LOL And the reason she wouldn't let him in is because she had moved his brother "Buddy Jack" in... Now That is Wallandology...

Hey I am from Walland thank you!!! :p Get it right... He slept in his coon dog box in the back of his pickup truck LOL And the reason she wouldn't let him in is because she had moved his brother "Buddy Jack" in... Now That is Wallandology...
Thanks for setting the history right... :eek:hmy:

OK... :crazy:

Ummm that was a joke....:rolleyes:

Yeah most us are gettin' edumacated now and are makin it to at least 9th grade some excel and gradiate...

I graduated and went to college and got a degree in Nursing geez....

Have some humor already. I am an heiress to a moonshine family, however, that ceased long before my existence. There are alot of people that are undereducated, unemployed, and are comfortable with this way of life in this area. Make no mistake, there are many many hard-working, decent people in this area too..

I couldn't let that go unclarified as I had failed to quote a prior comment regarding a walland/nebo man that had appeared on a Jerry Springer episode....

VN Store

Back