Pit Bull vs. Timber Wolf

as a teenager i raised and fought pit bulls(not to the death). the majority of pits raised to fight would destroy a wolf from the wild. as a note, i am a grown man now and wouldn't think of fighting these dogs now.

Some research on the subject:

Pit Bulls have tremendous jaw strength. They are reputed to have up to 1500 pounds per square inch of jaw pressure. Their jaws do not actually lock. These dogs just refuse to let go at times. Roll bars may be necessary to break a stubborn pit bull's grip on an item. Roll bars are basically wooden dowels that are slipped into the mouth and pulled back upon to break a dog's grip.
Information on Pit bulls

Ok... what about the Grey Wolf?

Wolves' long, powerful muzzles help distinguish them from other canids, particularly coyotes and golden jackals, which have more narrow, pointed muzzles. Wolves differ from domestic dogs in a more varied nature. Anatomically, wolves have smaller orbital angles than dogs (>53 degrees for dogs compared with <45 degrees for wolves) and a comparatively larger brain capacity.[19] Larger paw size, yellow eyes, longer legs, and bigger teeth further distinguish adult wolves from other canids, especially dogs. Also, precaudal glands at the base of the tail are present in wolves but not in dogs.

Wolves and most larger dogs share identical dentition. The maxilla has six incisors, two canines, eight premolars, and four molars. The mandible has six incisors, two canines, eight premolars, and six molars.[20] The fourth upper premolars and first lower molars constitute the carnassial teeth, which are essential tools for shearing flesh. The long canine teeth are also important, in that they are designed to hold and subdue the prey. Capable of delivering up to 10,000 kPa (1450 lb/sq. inch) of pressure, a wolf's teeth are its main weapons as well as its primary tools.[6] Therefore, any injury to the jaw line or teeth could devastate a wolf, dooming it to starvation or incapacity.
Gray Wolf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wolves are larger, but bite strengths are about the same. They do hunt in packs, but it is suggested that this is mainly a social convienence, mainly for mating purposes. Wolves are not weaker just because they hunt in packs.

Wolves function as social predators and hunt in packs organized according to strict, rank-oriented social hierarchies.[22] It was originally believed that this comparatively high level of social organization was related to hunting success, and while this still may be true to a certain extent, emerging theories suggest that the pack has less to do with hunting and more to do with reproductive success.

So what it really boils down to is a choice between a wild animal that fights to survive and a domesticated animal trained to fight.

I'd pick the wild animal every time.

Information on Pit bulls

Wolves are larger, but bite strengths are about the same. They do hunt in packs, but it is suggested that this is mainly a social convienence, mainly for mating purposes. Wolves are not weaker just because they hunt in packs.

So what it really boils down to is a choice between a wild animal that fights to survive and a domesticated animal trained to fight.

There are several working and shepherd dogs that were specifically bred for fighting wolves away from livestock.

Information on Pit bulls

as i stated above the average pit bull trained to fight would destroy a wild wolf. pit bulls are trained to fight, wolves kill rabbits.

I would never bet on a dog fight, I once saw my parent's dachshund take down a german shepard that he thought was trying to attack me. It was possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

It would all depend on if the pit bull was trying to steal the wolf's freshly killed elk carcass. If so the pit bull would receive a firm ass whoopin'. But in an enclosed "pit" the bully would shred the wolf.

It would all depend on if the pit bull was trying to steal the wolf's freshly killed elk carcass. If so the pit bull would receive a firm ass whoopin'. But in an enclosed "pit" the bully would shred the wolf.

that pit bull would eat the elk carcass over a freshly killed wolf carcass unless that wolf was in a pack.

Head to Head, I'll take about any of the larger hound dogs against a Pit Bull, why use a wolf?

I'll take a good sized Black and Tan or Catahoula any day of the week.

who would win in a three way match with a pit bull against a Timber wolf against Coach Ditka?

as a teenager i raised and fought pit bulls(not to the death). the majority of pits raised to fight would destroy a wolf from the wild. as a note, i am a grown man now and wouldn't think of fighting these dogs now.

u are an idiot.im sorry.
avg. timber wolf is 6ft-6'6ft long and wieght is 165lbs
avg pit bull is 80 lbs?

i personly have a half german shepherd/timberwolf that wieghts 135lbs and has raped multiple pitt bulls ( most of them were traind to fight/ on roids which made them wiegh around 120lbs. still smaller even on roids.) also the length of the muzzle has a HUGE differnece in the power it will delivier in its bite. pitts natuarlly have stronger jaws than noraml dogs but does not compare to a timber wolf.Feel free to respond.

Also to add ~ northern timber wolves ( the biggest ) eat moose which are huge.

u put dogs on roids ares...wow.....well if the wolf is in accompany wit Ron Mexico then im takin the wolf

VN Store

Back