Theme parks and coasters

NEO

Eat at Joe's
I am a huge fan of coasters and theme parks.

Just wanted everyone’s opinions on parks around the country and rides they loved or loved that are gone.

My favorite park is Cedar Point.
My favorite ride was the Mantis front row.
My second favorite is The raptor.

I always wanted to visit Kennywood.

I am headed to universal Orlando next year so would love advice on that park etc.

Reactions: 2 people
We love them, though I hate going to Atlanta for 6 flags. We went this past weekend to wild adventures in valdosta Georgia. It was a nice place.

Cedar Point is the best! Went a couple times a year, every year, growing up in MI. Just beware of the dreaded CPR (Cedar Point Rash).

Cedar point is the GOAT I go multiple times a year. The new ride steel vengeance is the greatest ride I’ve ever been on

Just wanted everyone’s opinions on parks around the country and rides they loved or loved that are gone.

I am headed to universal Orlando next year so would love advice on that park etc.
They changed mantis. It’s rougaroo now. You sit on it. Top thrills dragster, Maverick, steel vengeance and millennium are my favs

Reactions: 1 person
They changed mantis. It’s rougaroo now. You sit on it. Top thrills dragster, Maverick, steel vengeance and millennium are my favs

Back in the day, nothing used to beat matching up with your friends on opposite sides of the platform so you could slap hands as the two trains came side-by-side on the Gemini. Also, sitting in the rear car of the Blue Streak and unbuckling so you could catch some air. Holding a quarter on your knee on the Demon Drop so it would float in front of your face as you dropped. Wildcat was a classic that never got old. Corkscrew would always give me a headache from my head banging back and forth on the restraints. Remember the Iron Dragon? LOL! So many memories from my youth there.

I am a roller coaster junkie too, but I have been too poor for the last few years to go as much.

My favorite park is Busch Gardens Tampa, I just love all the rides, the shows are good and it is a world class zoo...plus it is just such a beautiful park and it was our go to home park for years, we have been there probably a hundred times or more.

My all time fave is Millenium force to this point, but a lot of new rides have come on the last few years that i have not ridden yet, so that may change.

My second favorite is, and always will be Montu at Busch Gardens. It is a sister to the Raptor but much smoother and the landscaping around it is so cool. I have ridden it hundreds of times,and wish I could rode it a hundred more.

I have been to the Universal parks several times, but not since Harry Potter world opened. They have built a ton of new rides that I have been told by people I trust that are awesome since I was there last, and have taken some of the old standbys out.

You may want to get the 2 park 5 day pass that gives you a visit to one park a day for 244$ per adult, or you can add the Volcano Bay water park to that and it will be 319$ per adult. I wouldn't get the park hopper option unless money is no issue. You can spend two whole days in each park easy.

What time of year are you going, and do you have any Florida resident friends who could go? They could get tickets much cheaper.

I am a roller coaster junkie too, but I have been too poor for the last few years to go as much.

My favorite park is Busch Gardens Tampa, I just love all the rides, the shows are good and it is a world class zoo...plus it is just such a beautiful park and it was our go to home park for years, we have been there probably a hundred times or more.

My all time fave is Millenium force to this point, but a lot of new rides have come on the last few years that i have not ridden yet, so that may change.

My second favorite is, and always will be Montu at Busch Gardens. It is a sister to the Raptor but much smoother and the landscaping around it is so cool. I have ridden it hundreds of times,and wish I could rode it a hundred more.

I have been to the Universal parks several times, but not since Harry Potter world opened. They have built a ton of new rides that I have been told by people I trust that are awesome since I was there last, and have taken some of the old standbys out.

You may want to get the 2 park 5 day pass that gives you a visit to one park a day for 244$ per adult, or you can add the Volcano Bay water park to that and it will be 319$ per adult. I wouldn't get the park hopper option unless money is no issue. You can spend two whole days in each park easy.

What time of year are you going, and do you have any Florida resident friends who could go? They could get tickets much cheaper.

Busch Gardens is a blast. Montu is probably my favorite there. Love the zoo portion, just a great park.

Harry Potter world is amazing. Would definitely go if you ever get the chance. The whole area of the park is very very well done. The butter beer is delicious too!

My favorite ride is probably the Hulk at IOA. I have ridden that one countless times.

Cedar point is the GOAT I go multiple times a year. The new ride steel vengeance is the greatest ride I’ve ever been on

I've heard great things about Steel Vengeance, I can't wait to go back to Cedar Point. They have several new rides since we were there last in 2010

Busch Gardens is a blast. Montu is probably my favorite there. Love the zoo portion, just a great park.

Harry Potter world is amazing. Would definitely go if you ever get the chance. The whole area of the park is very very well done. The butter beer is delicious too!

My favorite ride is probably the Hulk at IOA. I have ridden that one countless times.
I do love the Hulk also,but I would love it more if it was longer. That is another reason why I love Montu so much, it gives you a lot longer ride..but they are both awesome, both are just complete classic beautiful rides.

I hope to do a three day excursion to Universal soon. I really want to go to HP world, everyone tells me it is amazing, and even better since the expansion.

Been multiple times in the past several years. The number of days you want depends largely on how big of a Harry Potter fan you are. I could easily spend a bulk of each day in each of the Harry Potter sections. The areas, especially diagon alley, are the most immersive things ever built.

Lots of old classics in the parks have been replaced at this point. At this point only ET remains from my childhood. The replacements vary from ok to terrible IMO. Except for the mummy, that ride is worthy of replacing the original King Kong.

I could see spending a day each in islands and universal for the attractions outside of Harry Potter stuff. Bring quick dry clothes for your islands day. Dudley, Popeye, and Jurassic Park can all drench you.

If you are a Harry Potter fan, the park hopper is a must. It's the only way to ride the Hogwarts Express. Be sure to ride it both ways as the experience is different on each.

Finally I could be wrong, but I'm near positive Florida resident tickets look different and require a photo ID to prove you live there. So if you go that route, consider asking a college freshman where to buy a good fake ID.

Saw that.
I haven’t been in six years since we moved back down here.
Kinda sad about that.
Taking kids this Halloween and looking forward to the meanstreak 2.0

My kids liked holiday world and Dollywood but it’s time for the real stuff now!

The Beast after dark is one of my favorite rides ever, I don't care much for it in the daytime, but it is amazing rushing through those trees in the dark, it feels like you are going so much faster.

Absolutely

The Beast after dark is one of my favorite rides ever, I don't care much for it in the daytime, but it is amazing rushing through those trees in the dark, it feels like you are going so much faster.

YES. I've always liked the Beast not because its wooden but because its so friggin long. So much fun. Then my son and I rode it one night after the fireworks..... its almost two different rides.

Cedar Point is on my bucket list. One day I'll go. One day.....

The last time we went to Universal they still had Dueling Dragons, this was before Harry Potter opened so it must have been 2008. It's been renamed for the Harry Potter world but I think they are about to dismantle the entire thing and put in a new ride for 2019. It was a fantastic ride. I just read where they completely rebuilt Hulk from the ground up in 2016. They kept the same track layout but everything is new. The Back To The Future simulator ride was just awful but it's since been replaced by the Simpsons.

After riding the newer, far more comfortable steel coasters I generally loathe wooden coasters because most of the time they vibrate and shake the hell out of you. There are exceptions however.

It's been a few years since I've been to Dollywood. They've installed a couple new coasters since I was there. I used to go all the time with season passes.

Ya'll ever been to Dollywood?

It’s decent.
Has a few good coasters but nothing amazing.
Park feels small and winding.
They have a nice area for kids too small to ride coasters.

I would go to Holiday world though over Dollywood.

Very clean park. Same amount of coasters. Really cool indoor shooter ride with turkeys and sun tan lotion and Pepsi is free. Water park is also included.

VN Store

Back