Meeting Vol and other fans on a Cruise Ship

Vfl2407

So, I’m on my first ever cruise ship thru Alaska.
Something I never really wanted to do but it was a gift.
Anyway, I’ve worn the occasional Vol T-shirt or cap.
Gotten a few Go Vols and met some current and former Tennesseans. Talked a little football.
Met some folks that live it Chattanooga but grew up in West Virginia, so they say this is the only game that they will pull against us. They got $250 a night hotel rooms in walking distance of stadium in Charlotte.
As always, there’s a few Bammers to deal with.
One told me “so I guess since you guys couldn’t beat us anymore you had to hire one of our coaches”.
I said “guess so, and hey, they’ve got a dentist on board since you’ve obviously never seen one, you might take advantage of that before taking your 500 pound lardass back to your oversized cabin and sister wife”.

He mumbled Role Tawd or something incoherent.
Best part of my trip so far. 👌

Reactions: 6 people
Last cruise I was on was in February that left out of Jax. It was like one giant SEC war zone. Mostly UGA and Bama fans, but lots of Vols , Gators and Barners too.

The demographics are interesting.
Guests are mostly Asian, Canadian or from upper Midwest. -a lot of Michigan and Ohio
Crew almost all from the Phillipines or Indonesia...I’m told that’s because they speak English and will work for slave wages.
You haven’t lived until you’ve seen a Fillipino band sing Elvis greatest hits. You ain’t nothin but a hound dog with an Asian accent had us all roaring. Lol.

Reactions: 1 person
I donated my orange hat with white T to a tour bus taking American musical performers, high schoolers, around Europe. I bet the driver still has that bad boy proudly displayed in the front window of the bus. Big hit at the Montreaux Jazz Fest and at the London Hard Rock Cafe. Awesome to meet UT fans while traveling. I will have to give the Oklahoma grad student who bailed my son and I out after we got lost in Paris a shout out. My son freaked when I went up to a pure stranger in my UT hat and asked for directions to the Hard Rock Cafe. She laughed and said “sure dude, just around the corner there” and a “Go Vols”.

Reactions: 3 people
the demographics are interesting.
Guests are mostly asian, canadian or from upper midwest. -a lot of michigan and ohio
crew almost all from the phillipines or indonesia...i’m told that’s because they speak english and will work for slave wages.
You haven’t lived until you’ve seen a fillipino band sing elvis greatest hits. You ain’t nothin but a hound dog with an asian accent had us all roaring. Lol.

ror

Reactions: 4 people
did you tell the bama fan, "less talking, more clean towels"? :)

I don’t think cleanliness was big on his to do list seeing as how he wore the same Bama shirt all week.
That is unless he owns seven of them which, I guess, is possible.

I was just in the Bay area a couple weeks ago and the amount of Vol fans I ran into there was seriously amazing like vol-un-tear said there seriously are Vol fans everywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I was just in the Bay area a couple weeks ago and the amount of Vol fans I ran into there was seriously amazing like vol-un-tear said there seriously are Vol fans everywhere

Yes and many of us have gone into hiding lately.
Just imagine what you’d see if we ever won an SEC title again.

We ran into Derrick Tinsley in Publix this morning.. really nice young man and is coaching with the Marietta Blue Devils... loved talking Tennessee football with him.. he didnt know about the upcoming meet and greet August 5th.. hope he can make it..

Tennessee VOLS are everywhere!!!!!

I wore my orange “T” visor in Antigua this week and ran into some nice OU folks who really enjoyed Neyland. I told them “hopefully, we’ll have a coach when we play again to 2020”.

Several others at the resort mentioned “Go Vols”.

Not a bamer in site

We always run with a USA flag and power T flag on the golf cart at Fort Wilderness.. Disney.. and we always hear "GO VOLS".. serious rush and we love representing..

We were on cruise early June and had a Bama high school coach sit beside me at first meal. He was a big Bama fan but also was a Pruitt fan and acted like he knew him. He was one of those loud people you seemed to see everywhere and kelp trying to get me say roll tide ,but I always came back with Rocky Top! On flight back from central FL Terry Fair was on same plan coming back from a in home. He is one fired up coach ready to make UT special again.

we were on cruise early june and had a bama high school coach sit beside me at first meal. He was a big bama fan but also was a pruitt fan and acted like he knew him. He was one of those loud people you seemed to see everywhere and kelp trying to get me say roll tide ,but i always came back with rocky top! On flight back from central fl terry fair was on same plan coming back from a in home. He is one fired up coach ready to make ut special again.

#musa

I don’t think cleanliness was big on his to do list seeing as how he wore the same Bama shirt all week.

I guess after the cruise you are a sea man now....

Gotten a few Go Vols and met some current and former Tennesseans. Talked a little football.
Met some folks that live it Chattanooga but grew up in West Virginia, so they say this is the only game that they will pull against us. They got $250 a night hotel rooms in walking distance of stadium in Charlotte.
One told me “so I guess since you guys couldn’t beat us anymore you had to hire one of our coaches”.
I said “guess so, and hey, they’ve got a dentist on board since you’ve obviously never seen one, you might take advantage of that before taking your 500 pound lardass back to your oversized cabin and sister wife”.

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: cbe

I call bs on your claim of what you said to the bammer fan. Makes for a good internet story tho.

Generally losers attach themselves to a winning team and want everyone to know it at all times. Probably had a different team 10 years ago.

Generally losers attach themselves to a winning team and want everyone to know it at all times. Probably had a different team 10 years ago.

Yep. All those Bammer fans with TN tags.... mostly on broke down POS cars. The way I look at it is, they clearly don't have much else going on for them. I guess slapping an obnoxious script A on will make some folk feel important.... just makes you look like a loser.

VN Store

Back