Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness - Simon Sinek

I wonder what the social media would have said about the boomers and gen x had it existed in its current form then.

Also by definition, the last millionial was born probably over 15 years ago. Time to name the new generation and blame them for eating Tide pods.

Reactions: 2 people
Socrates (469–399 B.C.)
QUOTATION:
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.
ATTRIBUTION:
Attributed to SOCRATES by Plato, according to William L. Patty and Louise S. Johnson, Personality and Adjustment, p. 277

Last edited:
Baby boomers were lazy self absorbed hippies and pot heads preaching free love as kids.

Then hit their 30s in the 80s and became self absorbed money whores who sold their kids out for bigger houses and more things. Mommy got a job and the latch key society of children was born.

Baby boomer generation sucked ass.

This new generation is what happens when parents are self absorbed *******s.

Baby boomers were lazy self absorbed hippies and pot heads preaching free love as kids.

Then hit their 30s in the 80s and became self absorbed money whores who sold their kids out for bigger houses and more things. Mommy got a job and the latch key society of children was born.

I know one person's mommy that should have been on the pill or not practicing all that free love.

Justifying your "what happenedness"? eh

I just don't believe in the slave work force mentality of America. More free thinkers in the millennial gen.

If by "free" you mean live off of the parents or government.....I concur......(so glad my three are not in this "free thinking" class.....

Millennials get somewhat of a bad wrap. They get crapped on for being "entitled." I personally think entitlement is a human trait generally, and the Baby Boom generation actually is more entitled than Millennials are.

However, there is a trait that I think is unique to Millennials. Millennials tend to get very frustrated, angry, and quickly disillusioned if they don't think they have what they deem ideal conditions to succeed. They are pretty soft, quick to claim things are "unfair," and don't handle adversity well. I don't think previous generations when they were 18-35 showed those characteristics as much as Millennials do. And all of this makes sense, because Millennials were the first generation that truly had "self-esteem" parenting (you are special, all that matters is how you feel about yourself, etc.).

However, if you want to complain about Millennials (and I do), you have to at least be consistent/fair and complain about Baby Boomers. Baby Boomers have all sorts of unsavory traits about them that generations previous to them do not, and you also can't forget the fact that Baby Boomers raised Millennials.

I wonder what the social media would have said about the boomers and gen x had it existed in its current form then.

Also by definition, the last millionial was born probably over 15 years ago. Time to name the new generation and blame them for eating Tide pods.

Don't disagree, but there aren't many people under 15 in the workforce.

Free thinking that working 40 hours a week is a pretty stupid concept. 40+ hours of mostly meaningless busy work. Yikes and we wonder why depression is so rampant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Go aeiou
Millennials are the bicycle helmet generation and Gen Xers are the ones that put them on their heads.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't disagree, but there aren't many people under 15 in the workforce.

Ok so I was wrong. There seems to be some debate but millionials seem to end with a birth year around 97. Hence the youngest of them is now 21ish.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/defining-generations-where-millennials-end-and-post-millennials-begin/

I think this is also pretty industry related. In creative fields generally the millennials are a driving force. May just be because they are the "young" and energized generation for the moment. but if its your typical 9-5 hide behind a computer all day, yeah they might suffer more compared to their peers.

VN Store

Back