UT campus

Roustabout

Has anyone taken a tour of campus lately?
My daughter is a rising HS senior and is visiting UT.

What a transformation the campus is going thru.
The campus beautification projects are impressive and combined with the newer buildings being more classical/gothic have really improved the aesthetic.

My son is going to be a freshman this fall. Just went through orientation. We were all over campus. The new student Union is opening this year I believe. It's supposed to be really nice.

The Botanical Gardens near the Ag Campus is really nice, especially if you're a photographer.

Reactions: 1 person
It def looks great, I kinda wish they would have went towards a more unified design for buildings earlier on though. Some of the stuff over the past 10 years doesn't really match. (Music building being the big one)

I know it would be insanely expensive but if they could replace the spam building and then HSS with something nicer then it would drastically change campus. The hill has always been my favorite part. Well I didn't like it as a student during the warmer months carrying a backpack.

I periodically check this site out which gives updates to all the current and future construction
Cone Zone | The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

It def looks great, I kinda wish they would have went towards a more unified design for buildings earlier on though. Some of the stuff over the past 10 years doesn't really match. (Music building being the big one)

I know it would be insanely expensive but if they could replace the spam building and then HSS with something nicer then it would drastically change campus. The hill has always been my favorite part. Well I didn't like it as a student during the warmer months carrying a backpack.

I periodically check this site out which gives updates to all the current and future construction
Cone Zone | The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
The music building did jump out to me as well.

Certainly a good start. $13k per is still steep. I took a quick glance at in-state for GA and FL (both less expensive than UTK). They need to reign in the inflation.

There's no incentive for them to. The loans are all essentially guaranteed by the federal government. The student loan industry is a racket of massive proportions.

There's no incentive for them to. The loans are all essentially guaranteed by the federal government. The student loan industry is a racket of massive proportions.

Kind of like how many programs just happened to cost what the GI Bill would pay out. Weird how that works.

It's also funny how the hikes started right when the lottery scholarship was passed.

Did they redo the buildings like Morrill Hall, Humes Hall, Reese Hall, and Presidential Court?

Did they redo the buildings like Morrill Hall, Humes Hall, Reese Hall, and Presidential Court?

Humes has been raised and will be the location of the new dining hall. All of presidential is to be leveled. The new dorms will continue the current architectural style with the gothic accents..

Morrill has been gone a while and replaced with two new dorms. If you got some spare change, They are looking for a donor for naming rights.

Humes has been raised and will be the location of the new dining hall. All of presidential is to be leveled. The new dorms will continue the current architectural style with the gothic accents..

Morrill has been gone a while and replaced with two new dorms. If you got some spare change, They are looking for a donor for naming rights.

I don't think my $20 donation is going to put my name on the building! :)

Dang I didn’t know Humes and Morrill were gone. I did some of my best work in those two.

Wow - I didn’t either. Lived in Carrick, Humes, Morrill, then off campus.

I lived in Morrill and then College Park Apts... I met my ex-wife in Morrill. She was an RA. It's definitely progress but it's tough on my emotions to go down there and not see a campus I recognize anymore. Virtually nothing is the same from even 20 years ago.

Melrose Hall is still there... The Spam Can (Stokley) is still visible from altitude... The Hill... Neyland... I'm good. I'll walk it.

I lived in Morrill and then College Park Apts... I met my ex-wife in Morrill. She was an RA. It's definitely progress but it's tough on my emotions to go down there and not see a campus I recognize anymore. Virtually nothing is the same from even 20 years ago.

Whippersnapper.

All three of the houses in which I lived (west most 2 blocks of Laurel Ave) are still standing, and they were old 40 years ago.

VN Store

Back