The Coffee Thread

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
I didn’t see a thread for coffee drinkers so I figured I would make one. I also want to know your tips on making your own cold brew. I’ve got my first batch sitting out but I kind of winged it.

All things coffee! What is your favorite country of origin for beans? Mine is Ethiopia.

I didn’t see a thread for coffee drinkers so I figured I would make one. I also want to know your tips on making your own cold brew. I’ve got my first batch sitting out but I kind of winged it.

All things coffee! What is your favorite country of origin for beans? Mine is Ethiopia.

You drink that Ethiopian cat **** coffee?

Good idea and topic.

I made the leap (might want to say quantum leap but I may get called out for it) from grocery store beans to top end beans from various sources.

I use a Bonavita drip coffee maker and have a top of the line grinder to get the right grain size. So, I have ordered a lot of product from Hawaii (Koa Coffee)... the best of class was the Peaberry variety. So good, but the price has gone through the roof. So my stash has been consumed and I am now testing both Brazil and Ethiopia beans. Very good, but man just a bit short of the flavor of the Koa beans.

As well... I just made the change from paper filters (that I think are robbing some key oils) to a dual metal mesh filter. The flavor is more intense and the coffer is clear without trace residue in the pot. I drink it black so, it has to be good out of the pot... and that is a work in progress for me.

I would like to hear if anyone has tried the monkey processed beans... that is truly a quantum leap for coffee drinkers.

I’m also a straight black coffee drinker but I enjoy the fruity profile type beans which I get with a lot of Ethiopian beans. I’ve been trying different beans by ordering variety packs on amazon. Right now I’m using coopers coffee company single origin Ethiopian farm gate light roast.

It’s 110 here so I’m basically only drinking cold brews hence trying to make my own. It’s gets expensive getting one every day.

Good idea and topic.

I made the leap (might want to say quantum leap but I may get called out for it) from grocery store beans to top end beans from various sources.

I use a Bonavita drip coffee maker and have a top of the line grinder to get the right grain size. So, I have ordered a lot of product from Hawaii (Koa Coffee)... the best of class was the Peaberry variety. So good, but the price has gone through the roof. So my stash has been consumed and I am now testing both Brazil and Ethiopia beans. Very good, but man just a bit short of the flavor of the Koa beans.

As well... I just made the change from paper filters (that I think are robbing some key oils) to a dual metal mesh filter. The flavor is more intense and the coffer is clear without trace residue in the pot. I drink it black so, it has to be good out of the pot... and that is a work in progress for me.

I would like to hear if anyone has tried the monkey processed beans... that is truly a quantum leap for coffee drinkers.

What is the company that makes the metal mesh filter and do you know if they make them for pour over?

Favorites are Ethiopian, Kona and Guatemala.

What systems do you guys use? I’m probably going to get something legit in the next year. I grind my beans but just use a cuisineart

I got a cold brew pot (mesh filter down the middle) for Christmas.

It's changed my entire outlook on coffee. For me, the cold brewing process really brings out the subtleties of the beans and grind.

Plus it's hella concentrated!

I got a cold brew pot (mesh filter down the middle) for Christmas.

It's changed my entire outlook on coffee. For me, the cold brewing process really brings out the subtleties of the beans and grind.

Plus it's hella concentrated!
Yup. I love cold brew. I think it’s the best way to drink coffee

I just use a cousinart to grind as well, haven't geeked out past that yet. I have been doing the pour over method since the early 00s and it depends how much time I have whether or not I do it properly. My weekend coffee is better than my weekday coffee.

Also have a Bialetti stovetop espresso maker which I love.

How do you all make cold brew? I tried a couple of times last year, using a large Mason jar, sitting in the fridge overnight. The flavor was great, but my filtration methods have been a failure and/or pain in the arse.

How do you all make cold brew? I tried a couple of times last year, using a large Mason jar, sitting in the fridge overnight. The flavor was great, but my filtration methods have been a failure and/or pain in the arse.

I’m struggling with this as well

My favorite blend will always be the German brand Dallmayr single source Ethopian blend.

Can't find it in the States though.

I’m going to strain twice but use a filter during the second strain

I got this guy for Christmas: Primula PBPBK-5101 Burke Cold Brew Maker, Black Amazon.com: Primula PBPBK-5101 Burke Cold Brew Maker, Black: Kitchen & Dining

Got some going on the counter now. I just fill the center sleeve with about 5 oz of course grounds and then pour over filtered water and let it sit 2-3 days on the counter.

When it's done, I pour it into a bottle as a concentrate. I just cut it with water to taste whenever I pour some.

What is the company that makes the metal mesh filter and do you know if they make them for pour over?

Favorites are Ethiopian, Kona and Guatemala.

816rmyr%2BU1L._SL1500_.jpg

From Amazon....TITANIUM COATED GOLD Pour Over Coffee Filter - Reusable Stainless Steel Drip Cone for Chemex, Hario V60, Carafes and Other Coffee Makers

Reactions: 1 person
I got this guy for Christmas: Primula PBPBK-5101 Burke Cold Brew Maker, Black Amazon.com: Primula PBPBK-5101 Burke Cold Brew Maker, Black: Kitchen & Dining

Got some going on the counter now. I just fill the center sleeve with about 5 oz of course grounds and then pour over filtered water and let it sit 2-3 days on the counter.

When it's done, I pour it into a bottle as a concentrate. I just cut it with water to taste whenever I pour some.
Room temp for 2-3 days?? Interesting. Didn’t think that was supposed to happen

VN Store

Back