State Police Trooper Pulls Over a Slow Driver in the Left Lane

It is against the law to drive slow in the left lane - hampers emergency and police vehicles - I think it does happen more often, just not glamorized by the media, like that incident

They talked about it on WBIR last night. The spokesman as much as said you won't get ticketed for that alone. Another toothless law.

They talked about it on WBIR last night. The spokesman as much as said you won't get ticketed for that alone. Another toothless law.

Shouldn’t be a ticketed law but I got know problem with being pulled over for a friendly reminder.

Reactions: 1 person
Shouldn’t be a ticketed law but I got know problem with being pulled over for a friendly reminder.

Should absolutely be a ticketed law, especially if you are holding up a line of cars.

Cars in the left lane who aren't passing (it's technically the passing lane, not the "fast lane") and holding up traffic are far more dangerous than speeders, and are breaking the law no more or no less than a speeder.

Reactions: 6 people
Need to do something about tractor trailers that create a mile long log jam behind them.

There should be a law on EVERY INTERSTATE in the Eisenhower system...if traffic slows down by more than 5 mph under the speed limit...all trucks with more than 2 axles should have to get over in the right lane...and stay there until traffic ceases to be impeded. Period.

In Charlotte, on a 3 wide I interstate...18 wheelers will get side by side in all lanes...on the way home to knoxville on 40...they will get side by side on a 2 lane, mountain roadbwhere they can't even do the speed limit without traffic due to not enough power and too much weight...

SO MUCH traffic is CAUSED by this. Those trucks do 0 to 60 in about 10 minutes...meanwhile, ypur average run of the mill accord or Camry has well over 200hp and gets there in about 7 or 8 seconds...so when traffic has to slow down due to a near accident from a careless lane change, or debris in the roadway, or a million other things...instead of that incident being over and recovered from in 10 seconds THE ENTIRE INTERSTATE has to get back up to speed at the rate that an 18 wheeler, some times UP HILL...can accelerate back up to speed. This is why We sit in 5 mile long back ups for 15 minutes and then eventually get back up to speed...and there never was an accident or blue lights...it's MORON 18 wheeler drivers running side by side...it makes me very angry in the mountains on 40...sake goes for the huge RV with 88 year old grandpa weaving in the left lane where he can't possibly pass anyone...ALWAYS pulling a jeep behimd it...just to REALLY slow him down...they shjould be banished to the right lane permanently if they are towing another vehicle. Permanently. They have no business in the PASSING lane.

GRRRRRRFFRFHYEUD GRRRRRRFFRF O RJEOJ3I!!°!!!@%@%!^@%@*+,#(#(*÷*

Reactions: 3 people
There should be a law on EVERY INTERSTATE in the Eisenhower system...if traffic slows down by more than 5 mph under the speed limit...all trucks with more than 2 axles should have to get over in the right lane...and stay there until traffic ceases to be impeded. Period.

In Charlotte, on a 3 wide I interstate...18 wheelers will get side by side in all lanes...on the way home to knoxville on 40...they will get side by side on a 2 lane, mountain roadbwhere they can't even do the speed limit without traffic due to not enough power and too much weight...

SO MUCH traffic is CAUSED by this. Those trucks do 0 to 60 in about 10 minutes...meanwhile, ypur average run of the mill accord or Camry has well over 200hp and gets there in about 7 or 8 seconds...so when traffic has to slow down due to a near accident from a careless lane change, or debris in the roadway, or a million other things...instead of that incident being over and recovered from in 10 seconds THE ENTIRE INTERSTATE has to get back up to speed at the rate that an 18 wheeler, some times UP HILL...can accelerate back up to speed. This is why We sit in 5 mile long back ups for 15 minutes and then eventually get back up to speed...and there never was an accident or blue lights...it's MORON 18 wheeler drivers running side by side...it makes me very angry in the mountains on 40...sake goes for the huge RV with 88 year old grandpa weaving in the left lane where he can't possibly pass anyone...ALWAYS pulling a jeep behimd it...just to REALLY slow him down...they shjould be banished to the right lane permanently if they are towing another vehicle. Permanently. They have no business in the PASSING lane.

A lot are not even from this country and barely understand our basic driving laws.

So true.. the left lane is for passing!!!!

VN Store

Back