A Little Advice, if You Please

BarrythesnoUT

Nico Era
So, I just opened a pancake compressor and nail gun kit that I bought recently. I’m not ready to use it because I want to make sure I have a good working knowledge of how to take care of it and use it properly first. I’m just now starting to really get into DIY stuff around my house. Anybody have some pointers for me?

So, I just opened a pancake compressor and nail gun kit that I bought recently. I’m not ready to use it because I want to make sure I have a good working knowledge of how to take care of it and use it properly first. I’m just now starting to really get into DIY stuff around my house. Anybody have some pointers for me?

Most are oil-less, so read the instructions. If it does require oil it should have a sight glass and is probably already full. My last one I bought said to run it for thirty minutes with the valve open to break it in.

Compressor is probably oil free and won't need it. But it probably won't last for more than 2-3 years of regular use.
The gun will need oil before each use. Just a few drops though. Also, look into a water trap for the air line. That will extend the life of your air tools.

As superdave said there will be a circle on the gun thats labeled oil. Just add a drop or two. The compressor will have a drain you open to drain water off. Droplets form on the inside from water vapor under compression. Drain after each use.

Wear safety goggles.😎

Last edited:

Porter cable?

That’s the one.
I have the same. Keep those guns oiled. The compressor is oil-less. Great product.

Mine are 7/8 years old and the only problem I have had (my fault) are the trigger o-rings in the finish nailer. Replaced them myself for about $8.

You'll be happy you got them, imo.

Happy nailing:)

I have the same. Keep those guns oiled. The compressor is oil-less. Great product.

Mine are 7/8 years old and the only problem I have had (my fault) are the trigger o-rings in the finish nailer. Replaced them myself for about $8.

You'll be happy you got them, imo.

Happy nailing:)

Can’t wait to start! Went and bought some oil and some nails today after work. I’ll be using the brad nailer for the first time tonight.

VN Store

Back