What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Biopsyman

Let’s say you’re gonna drop $100-$200 a nice meal.. What are the things that can ruin your experience? He are a few that ruin my experience....

1. Being rushed for example bringing out your entrée if you’re still eating your salad.
2. A family sitting nearby who does nothing to encourage their small kids to behave or sit down.
3. Dropping off the check while you are still eating but always say “there is no hurry”

I hate going with a crowd and the server knows they can treat you like crap, never get a refill, etc. Cause they know they're getting their tip either way. I usually tip good, but I hate not having the option if you never see them again. Had it happen twice at the same restaurant here. My MIL never even got her food last time. I had to ask someone else for refills. That just irks me.

Reactions: tbh
Waiter/Waitress checking back with you every two minutes, making it impossible to enjoy eating or conversation.

You won’t cats her me dropping 100-200 dollars on one meal so I dunno lol

Reactions: 6 people
Let’s say you’re gonna drop $100-$200 a nice meal.. What are the things that can ruin your experience? He are a few that ruin my experience....

1. Being rushed for example bringing out your entrée if you’re still eating your salad.
2. A family sitting nearby who does nothing to encourage their small kids to behave or sit down.
3. Dropping off the check while you are still eating but always say “there is no hurry”

All of those things, but especially #1 for some reason. I expect that at places that are trying to move customers through in volume, but not at a nice restaurant. Pacing is important.

Obviously the over-attentive or vanishing waitstaff as well.

So, you all get irritated about a few scenarios in which you could easily help your server a lot by communicating with them like a human being and remember that you willingly chose to walk in & probably even wait an hour or so.
Dont complain about things you did to yourself.

Every restaurant is different. Every server is the same. Human.

So, you all get irritated about a few scenarios in which you could easily help your server a lot by communicating with them like a human being and remember that you willingly chose to walk in & probably even wait an hour or so.
Dont complain about things you did to yourself.

Every restaurant is different. Every server is the same. Human.

Why should I be treated for any other service? My landscaper is more polite

When I realize my fast food restaurant doesn't have the go medium, or go large option

The service goes usually when you go to a Flemings or Ruth Chris ...restaurants like these is when the service greatly improves in most cases

VN Store

Back