Who knows cars?

VolInNorthCack

Next year I will be getting a new car. I'm going big this time and have narrowed my choices down to 2:

Dodge Demon

or

KIA Stinger

I was originally looking at a BMW M4. But I stumbled onto an article about the KIA Stinger and how it destroyed the Porsche Cayenne and the M4 in head to head testing. The only thing I would be worried about with the Demon is that it is 800 HP :blink: and that it's a Dodge.

Just wondering if anybody has experience with these, especially the Demon... does it have the typical Dodge transmission problems or the Dodge sludge?

Thanks.

I have a challenger R/T and I love it. I would be scared of myself with a Demon.

Demon. Just saw one up close. My word that car is beautiful.

Best thing you can do is by something a couple years old instead of brand new. Unless you can afford to wipe your a$$ with $100 bills

Reactions: 2 people
Interesting array of choices. If price isn't an issue, I'd go with the M4 all day, unless you are hell-bent on a dragster.

Also, link to the Kia destroying the M4?

Last edited:
Interesting array of choices. If price isn't an issue, I'd go with the M4 all day, unless you are hell-bent on a dragster.

Also, link to the Kia destroying the M4?

He said it destroyed the Cayenne. I would be interested in either link though.

All the Dodge hate...don't get it. I mean look at Al Wilson and tell me that ain't that meanest S.O.B.

Attachments

• 20171209_201154.jpg
    20171209_201154.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Next year I will be getting a new car. I'm going big this time and have narrowed my choices down to 2:

Dodge Demon

or

KIA Stinger

I was originally looking at a BMW M4. But I stumbled onto an article about the KIA Stinger and how it destroyed the Porsche Cayenne and the M4 in head to head testing. The only thing I would be worried about with the Demon is that it is 800 HP :blink: and that it's a Dodge.

Just wondering if anybody has experience with these, especially the Demon... does it have the typical Dodge transmission problems or the Dodge sludge?

Thanks.
If you are talking an everyday car, the Demon is a bit of overkill.

Best thing you can do is by something a couple years old instead of brand new. Unless you can afford to wipe your a$$ with $100 bills

$85,000 for the Demon + about $6,100 tax and $16,000 per year insurance. It guzzles (+$1,700 guzzler tax) 100 octane fuel like sucking a fire hose dry at 3.9/10 mpg. I dunno say 7 or 8 combined after one gets over goosing it and learns to feather touch the gas. At what 10,000 miles per year? (can't really be a daily driver) so 1,250 gal/yr @$3.48(98 octane premium today, 100 octane @$8/gal to get the Demon to bare his teeth) is $4,350/year. So total cost is

About $97,000 out the door +

about $1,600 monthly payments
+$366 gas + $134 ins. = maybe $2,100/frickin mo. to play with that bad boy.

Which will depreciate how much the first year?

Reactions: 1 person

Dodge Demon

or

KIA Stinger

Thanks.

The Demon engine is brand new.
No body can answer your questions yet.

Me? I'd go for a two year old or even three with LOW mileage halo car if that's what you're after.

I just drive Jeep GC's now for towing.
But OMG!

The 707-HP 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Starts at $85,900

Attachments

• jp018-031gc72m21cn5io5vn4it7irm21q37-1502205725.jpg
    jp018-031gc72m21cn5io5vn4it7irm21q37-1502205725.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
Really depends on your purpose. If you want something you can drive and take to the drag strip now and then that's one thing. Do you want to carve corners? Different choice depending on what you want to do with it.

However, if you haven't driven something with that kind of raw horsepower, go to a good driving school before buying (and subsequently crashing) the Demon. That goes for anything with 500+ HP. It's not like driving your typical car.

Reactions: 1 person
$85,000 for the Demon + about $6,100 tax and $16,000 per year insurance. It guzzles (+$1,700 guzzler tax) 100 octane fuel like sucking a fire hose dry at 3.9/10 mpg. I dunno say 7 or 8 combined after one gets over goosing it and learns to feather touch the gas. At what 10,000 miles per year? (can't really be a daily driver) so 1,250 gal/yr @$3.48(98 octane premium today, 100 octane @$8/gal to get the Demon to bare his teeth) is $4,350/year. So total cost is

About $97,000 out the door +

about $1,600 monthly payments
+$366 gas + $134 ins. = maybe $2,100/frickin mo. to play with that bad boy.

Which will depreciate how much the first year?

Holy chit! That's a chunk of change for a toy.

Last edited:
Really depends on your purpose. If you want something you can drive and take to the drag strip now and then that's one thing. Do you want to carve corners? Different choice depending on what you want to do with it.

However, if you haven't driven something with that kind of raw horsepower, go to a good driving school before buying (and subsequently crashing) the Demon. That goes for anything with 500+ HP. It's not like driving your typical car.

That is one of the main things I am worried about with the Demon. That is just a helluva lot of horsepower for a street legal. Seems like I read that the NHRA has banned the Demon as well because it is too powerful.

VN Store

Back