Kilauea Eruption

Coug

You might have seen the video footage of the lava fissures opening up across Hawaii(the big island). Here is a great explanation as to the earthquakes and what exactly is happening.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yya3g_bZTzw[/youtube]

Here is time lapse footage of the lava lake at Pu'u O'o Crater completely collapsing underground which is pushing out of those fissures.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLlB_4_IQY[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
You might have seen the video footage of the lava fissures opening up across Hawaii(the big island). Here is a great explanation as to the earthquakes and what exactly is happening.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yya3g_bZTzw[/youtube]

Here is time lapse footage of the lava lake at Pu'u O'o Crater completely collapsing underground which is pushing out of those fissures.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLlB_4_IQY[/youtube]

I've been watching a lot of the daily updates..I feel for those people, but why would you build your house right on top of a rift zone or downhill from it on an active volcano? That is just stupid.

I've been watching a lot of the daily updates..I feel for those people, but why would you build your house right on top of a rift zone or downhill from it on an active volcano? That is just stupid.

Same reason people build homes in fire zones in California and put trailers in tornado alley.

Same reason people build homes in fire zones in California and put trailers in tornado alley.

I get that, but they literally built these homes right on top of and diwnhill from a rift on a Volcano that has continuously erupted for 30+ years..I mean a trailer on the plains is still a needle in a haystack, but building a weak home right on a beach in Florida, or in a fire zone in Cali is pretty much the same thing, but heck everybody in Cali and the NW coast are going to get mauled by a massive quake sooner or later..it is going to happen sooner or later, abd is just like building on a active rift zone on a volcano.

We were just there in March. Our tour driver was telling us he had recently rented a new home and had called the owner to ask about the septic system. To his surprise (but no concern) he was told there was none because the house was over a volcanic vent and all waste dropped in and then naturally broke down. Makes me wonder if his house survived.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 4
Going to Hawaii in Sept. if this thing is still blowing I’m going to make a detour down to see it

Going to Hawaii in Sept. if this thing is still blowing I’m going to make a detour down to see it
My wife and I saw it 25 years ago, and you could walk right up to the edge of the crater. There was no fence, and nothing to keep you from falling in. It was smoking and smelled like sulfur. The ground was hot under your feet. We also went to watch where it was oozing lava into the ocean.

My wife and I saw it 25 years ago, and you could walk right up to the edge of the crater. There was no fence, and nothing to keep you from falling in. It was smoking and smelled like sulfur. The ground was hot under your feet. We also went to watch where it was oozing lava into the ocean.

That's cool. The last time I went, it was barely erupting. And all you could really see is some steam from where it was hitting the ocean.

Then you remarked that it’s much easier to appreciate the beauty of a volcano without a dinosaur chasing you.

Reactions: 4 people
Now the question is is the volcano that is beside Hawaii also erupting?

We all know it's still erupting because no one has been sacrificed yet

I don't remember the name of it. I'm thinking of the underwater one that is supposed to be the next island in the chain

Yeah that's loihi. I think it's like 3000 feet underwater. I've not read anything about it other than some minor stuff.

Yeah that's loihi. I think it's like 3000 feet underwater. I've not read anything about it other than some minor stuff.

Ok I figured since it's more active that the eruption of Kilauea would've either pushed it into more activity or make it go dormant for the time being

If you go, consider wearing a mask. We were there in December and the smell burned my throat and eyes. Not sure how much stronger the smell is now and what damage this could do to your lungs.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZXtEpFWpFA[/youtube]

[twitterv]1002039567552151552[/twitterv]

happy campers are pooping their pampers when mountain becomes a fountain

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwzSPc0FoA[/youtube]

Nice videos golfballs!

Anyone remember this?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61MADnB314Q[/youtube]

Effects to consider... looks like a bit older article, but relevant.

Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?

Professor Ian Plimer's book in a brief summary:

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash, it has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days!

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of natural solar and cosmic activity, and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the wildfire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the BOGUS 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention 'Global Warming' anymore, but just 'Climate Change.

It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming advocates got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you by your government, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But, hey, .....go give the world a hug and have a nice day

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back