Zero Turn

TDTennessee

Looking for a 60" zero turn, and I can't decide. Every time I think I made my mind up I come across another option. Someone just tell me what I should get. I'm mowing about 5-7ish acres. Would like to be at or under 5k.

I own a hustler limited. 52” cut with a 28 hp Kawasaki on the back. Absolutely love it. Stripes straight, it has a fab deck over a stamped deck and mows my 3 acres in 45 minutes. Cost me $3,200 last spring.

I have a 61 inch Scag. Took my 5 hours of mowing on a standard riding mower down to 1 hr 30 minutes. My 3rd season with it. Always starts. 3 blades. Lots of cutting power. Super comfortable seat. Dual gas tanks. Only issue was a safety switch repaired under warranty last week.

Ive looked at Scag online, but closet dealer is 45mins away, but I may head up there and check them out. I'm using my old 48" bad boy, so I really need to get something different.

Love my Gravely pro turn 460 commercial. But the 5K won't get it.

They make a variety of other mowers worth looking at.

Looking for a 60" zero turn, and I can't decide. Every time I think I made my mind up I come across another option. Someone just tell me what I should get. I'm mowing about 5-7ish acres. Would like to be at or under 5k.

That much acreage don't skimp and go with a residential but you can't go wrong with Grasshopper, XMark, Skagg, Ferris or Dixie (with the generac).

That much acreage don't skimp and go with a residential but you can't go wrong with Grasshopper, XMark, Skagg, Ferris or Dixie (with the generac).

No on the grasshopper. Pure trash

John Deere, kubota, ExMark or hustler.

Best bang for the buck... ExMark.

My dad still running a diesel grasshopper he bought in the 90s. Quality might have slipped since then but that's been a hell of good mover.

I have a Walker. What do you think about them? Some are a little slow for large production work, but they are a quality product in my mind.

I have a Walker. What do you think about them? Some are a little slow for large production work, but they are a quality product in my mind.

Put a couple tennis balls on the front legs, that should speed it up.

Reactions: 5 people

Great mowers. The bagging system on them has greatly improved over the years.

My dad still running a diesel grasshopper he bought in the 90s. Quality might have slipped since then but that's been a hell of good mover.

928?

The older models were indeed better units. The spindle assemblies were made of steel then

Now, pot metal. They shatter/ break or the bearings spin freely in the housings.

All the others I listed still use a steel housing. They can take a beating...

Last edited:
928?

The older models were indeed better units. The spindle assemblies were made of steel then

Now, pot metal. They shatter/ break or the bearings spin freely in the housings.

All the others I listed still use a steel housing. They can take a beating...

Don’t know the model number it’s one with the front deck. It’s been a good mower for sure.

VN Store

Back