Looking to start a career...

allstar34bd

I’ve been doing the same thing for 7 years... and I’m sick of it. Miserable work/life balance (65+ hrs weekly) and definitely not how I want to spend the rest of my life. Does anyone here live in Houston, TX? What are your thoughts on that area? I just went on a short visit and really enjoyed it down there. I’ve saved up almost $70k so if I fall on my face I can always move back and be comfortable; but I want to achieve more than comfort in my life time. (26 yrs old) so I guess I still have time ? Lol

Reactions: 2 people
I have 7 years worth of experience in sales. I have a business administration degree and a marketing degree with a minor in sales

What’s the price per head these days? I can get employee pricing on a 15 passenger van.

I'm not sure, but I have a few friends here in Georgia who are illegal. I'll get you the info 🤣

I’ve been doing the same thing for 7 years... and I’m sick of it. Miserable work/life balance (65+ hrs weekly) and definitely not how I want to spend the rest of my life. Does anyone here live in Houston, TX? What are your thoughts on that area? I just went on a short visit and really enjoyed it down there. I’ve saved up almost $70k so if I fall on my face I can always move back and be comfortable; but I want to achieve more than comfort in my life time. (26 yrs old) so I guess I still have time ? Lol

I prefer the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, but that's just me.

OP I posted a similar thread a while back asking if anyone had ever had a career change. I am in a similar position as you. I have an undergrad in accounting, and I have worked in a financial institution for 5 years. I'm currently at the age of 24. Looked at going back for Physical Therapy, but the Cost:Income ratio is absurd. So I settled on working to become a physician assistant. Coming from an accounting background, I needed to go back to get some of my pre-requisites done. I only took one this semester, but thinking about leaving my job in August to finish knocking them out. I still need about 6 classes. With that said, while working on my pre-reqs, i'm starting to consider just going to med school. It's the hardest decision I have ever made. And I still haven't jumped completely off the ledge yet. I'm still employed. But one thing I have realized over the last year.....I don't think I can do this the rest of my life. I sit in a cube 8-5 M-F. I work with great people and my work environment is actually not that bad. But I cannot get any satisfaction out of this and I am sick of hating Sundays!

It seems by how much you’ve got saved you’re probably doing pretty decent for yourself. Not sure you’ll find anything entry level with a BA degree that will match it.

OP I posted a similar thread a while back asking if anyone had ever had a career change. I am in a similar position as you. I have an undergrad in accounting, and I have worked in a financial institution for 5 years. I'm currently at the age of 24. Looked at going back for Physical Therapy, but the Cost:Income ratio is absurd. So I settled on working to become a physician assistant. Coming from an accounting background, I needed to go back to get some of my pre-requisites done. I only took one this semester, but thinking about leaving my job in August to finish knocking them out. I still need about 6 classes. With that said, while working on my pre-reqs, i'm starting to consider just going to med school. It's the hardest decision I have ever made. And I still haven't jumped completely off the ledge yet. I'm still employed. But one thing I have realized over the last year.....I don't think I can do this the rest of my life. I sit in a cube 8-5 M-F. I work with great people and my work environment is actually not that bad. But I cannot get any satisfaction out of this and I am sick of hating Sundays!

Reading your post with that avi staring out at me is awesome.

I live in Houston. Employment market is great both here and Dallas.

Lots of opportunities in gas and oil.

VN Store

Back