Poop Trains in Alabama

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
"Poop Train" full of NYC sewage raises stink in Alabama town

[twitterv]986575640576094208[/twitterv]

PARRISH, Ala. (AP) — A stinking trainload of human waste from New York City is stranded in a tiny Alabama town, spreading a stench like a giant backed-up toilet — and the “poop train” is just the latest example of the South being used as a dumping ground for other states’ waste.

In Parrish, Alabama, population 982, the sludge-hauling train cars have sat idle near the little league ball fields for more than two months, Mayor Heather Hall said. The smell is unbearable, especially around dusk after the atmosphere has become heated, she said.

“Oh my goodness, it’s just a nightmare here,” she said. “It smells like rotting corpses, or carcasses. It smells like death.”

“Would New York City like for us to send all our poop up there forever?” she said. “They don’t want to dump it in their rivers, but I think each state should take care of their own waste.”

Alabama’s inexpensive land and permissive zoning laws and a federal ban on dumping New Yorkers’ excrement in the ocean got the poop train chugging, experts say.

Says this here poop is from New York City!?
ThreadbareDecentDragonfly-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: 3 people
find it hard to believe shipping sh@t is the cheapest way of handling things

I asked a good friend who works for the railroad why this happened, he had a good answer.

We hate Alabama!

Last edited:
Just another reason to hate Alabama even more. They collect waste from other states.

The only thing Alabama is good for is passing through on your way to the panhandle, and that's still not doing us any favors.

VN Store

Back