Could anyone help a homeless Vol living in Al go to the O&W game?

Webbvol32

Back in Blackhouse
I have not been able to attend a Vol game since 1991 Memphis Stgame. I bleed Big Orange,am highly intelligent and football knowledgeable. I just suffer from PTSD,anxiety,and schizotypal borderline personality disorders. Like my family who were all Vols,I am a little bit nutso. My GPa Steve Webb was w THP for 29yr and Chief of Police till his death in 93. My Grandpa Glennis Brannon was the National Champion rifle team leader and was featured in NatGeo. He also served under Patton as a Major. I have had a rough life and have been in bad enough shape to kill myself. It wont be long. My only wish is to watch UT in Neyland ans marry Rhonda York. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
I have not been able to attend a Vol game since 1991 Memphis Stgame. I bleed Big Orange,am highly intelligent and football knowledgeable. I just suffer from PTSD,anxiety,and schizotypal borderline personality disorders. Like my family who were all Vols,I am a little bit nutso. My GPa Steve Webb was w THP for 29yr and Chief of Police till his death in 93. My Grandpa Glennis Brannon was the National Champion rifle team leader and was featured in NatGeo. He also served under Patton as a Major. I have had a rough life and have been in bad enough shape to kill myself. It wont be long. My only wish is to watch UT in Neyland ans marry Rhonda York. Go Vols!

You didn't outright claim to be a veteran but your post reads in a way that suggests you are. If you are, my suggestion is that you reach out to the university itself. And surely some department or something of the Veteran's Administration could assist. I think even your local Lions Club, SERTOMA, KIWI Club or similar such organization would help in your circumstances. That's my sincere suggestion.

In these days with so many acts of violence happening, I think folks would be leery of transporting a stranger. And with so many types of scams to harvest money from well-meaning people, folks are leery of handing cash out to the same. But we do have oprganizations that can vet and assist people who really need a helping hand. Please try them. Don't ignore another trusted organization seen below: Trusted Military Organizations and Nonprofits | Veterans Advantage

Reactions: 8 people
You didn't outright claim to be a veteran but your post reads in a way that suggests you are. If you are, my suggestion is that you reach out to the university itself. And surely some department or something of the Veteran's Administration could assist. I think even your local Lions Club, SERTOMA, KIWI Club or similar such organization would help in your circumstances. That's my sincere suggestion.

In these days with so many acts of violence happening, I think folks would be leery of transporting a stranger. And with so many types of scams to harvest money from well-meaning people, folks are leery of handing cash out to the same. But we do have oprganizations that can vet and assist people who really need a helping hand. Please try them. Don't ignore another trusted organization seen below: Trusted Military Organizations and Nonprofits | Veterans Advantage
What indication did he give that he was a veteran?

O&W game is free isnt it? What do you need help with? A ride?

Just curious, how do you access the internet?

Reactions: 4 people
His location is Louisville, but he lives in Alabama.
I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

Reactions: 2 people
Rhonda, wherever you are, come to this place, to this time, to this interwebz, and respond to this marriage proposal. We beseech you.

Good luck, Webb, I think if we can just get her here, things are going to turn out really good.

p.s. Are you in Alabama? Or Kentucky? Important for potential ride-sharers to know.

p.p.s. Suicide is never the right answer. Doesn't work out well for anyone. Set that aside as one of your future options, please.

What indication did he give that he was a veteran?

I know one thing, whether he is a vet or not and if he's legit, he doesn't need VN participants engaging in snide and sniping comments instead of providing truly helpful information. Thank you.

Reactions: 10 people

Your statement of “it won’t be long”right after saying you’ve been suicidal in the past concerns me greatly. You need professional help, and I don’t say that in a snarky or sarcastic way at all. I hope you get the treatment you need and have better days ahead friend.

I know one thing, whether he is a vet or not and if he's legit, he doesn't need VN participants engaging in snide and sniping comments instead of providing truly helpful information. Thank you.

I offered to help. Just curious what idication he gave that he was a vet?

His location is Louisville, but he lives in Alabama.
I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

The alien forum he commented on says he lives in Hartselle.

I too have seen aliens in Alabama, they like wear Maroon, white and houndstooth. Like dogs, they tag their territory with the letter A. The almost look human, few teeth and have adopted an odd form of the english language. They are very odd and should be exiled from earth.

I offered to help. Just curious what idication he gave that he was a vet?

While anyone can have PTSD from any number of causes, we the public are being exposed to frequent mention of this condition as it relates to those who have served.

It's not unlike those of my generation who were constantly exposed to smoking via movies, catchy TV jingles, doctors claiming it was healthful, movie stars hawking cig brands, and yes, even candy cigarettes being to sold to us kids. Humans are programmable and advertisers among others know this. So someone like me who has family members who served, who periodically sends care boxes overseas, sometimes talk to vets and those currently serving, who visits websites associated with the same and often sees TV ads relating to information and requests regarding disabled vets, this is the first thought that enters my mind. Not to mention the guy "claims" to have symptoms commonly associated with PTSD vets. I just happen to respect our serving people enough to care when I think one needs a bit of help. I may not always get it right everytime, won't stop from trying though.

Sounds like getting to Knoxville for the spring game is fairly low on the list of priorities.

Is there a shelter, mission, or church in your area that could help you in your current situation?

Reactions: 3 people
Geez, this sounds like a mass shooting waiting to happen.

Please, spend all of your time and energy looking for mental health care instead of looking for pity from others.

Wait a second...homeless...but on the internet?! Homeless...but trying to go to the Orange and White game?!?

Wtf is going on here.

Wait a second...homeless...but on the internet?! Homeless...but trying to go to the Orange and White game?!?

Wtf is going on here.

Almost every homeless person I see has a cell phone. Plus O & W game is free. Seems plausible.

If he's legit, I'd like to help a brother out.
But, I'm still living in that van down by the river.
And all the tires are flat.

While anyone can have PTSD from any number of causes, we the public are being exposed to frequent mention of this condition as it relates to those who have served.

It's not unlike those of my generation who were constantly exposed to smoking via movies, catchy TV jingles, doctors claiming it was healthful, movie stars hawking cig brands, and yes, even candy cigarettes being to sold to us kids. Humans are programmable and advertisers among others know this. So someone like me who has family members who served, who periodically sends care boxes overseas, sometimes talk to vets and those currently serving, who visits websites associated with the same and often sees TV ads relating to information and requests regarding disabled vets, this is the first thought that enters my mind. Not to mention the guy "claims" to have symptoms commonly associated with PTSD vets. I just happen to respect our serving people enough to care when I think one needs a bit of help. I may not always get it right everytime, won't stop from trying though.

So upon mention of mental health issue your first inclination is a military veteran? Lol, interesting

Hey my Big Orange Brethren! How yall been? I have been through some **** and have wound up back in Alabama. I am homeless due to the fact that I am unable to get the medication I must have to function. I have met God and Satan in August. I was a devout atheist,now I KNOW God is real. I am sickened by the trajectory our Vols took under Jones but I am and always shall be a TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER!

Well, at the very least he will have interesting things to talk about if someone helps him out.

So upon mention of mental health issue your first inclination is a military veteran? Lol, interesting

Nice to know you consider mental health a laughing matter. And laughable too, a person's desire to help someone who seemingly needs it. As this unfolded, I think a lot of us now question this guy's sincerity and honesty. But it still shouldn't give you license to ridicule people who would help a "legit" request. I doubt your parents raised you this way but something must have happened when you left the house.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back