I May Get Her Home Soon

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Hey Nation I know it's been a while and let me say I'm very sorry for my absence here but I'm going to try to explain and I hope yall will understand.

First things first, she got over her intestinal infection finally and can eat solid foods without vomiting once again. Her MRSA has also cleared up and hopefully in the next few weeks she will be able to get a skin graph for her right leg and left arm.

On the cancer front it is still in her blood but it has not attacked her spine or organs again. She has been able to keep it at bay now for nearly 6 weeks and we're hoping another 24 blast will get her into her initial remission.

Her spirits are sky high because she got moved to a rehab center and can now walk across the room with only the help of a walker. She still can't stand herself up yet but shes REALLY close. She can now also go to the bathroom without much help and that's been wonderful for her psyche. Wearing diapers and having to sit on bed pans really humiliated her and made her feel so ashamed and helpless. She's getting her independence back and for my wife that's everything. She's a type A personality and always wants to do things herself and her way lol.

I have been absent the last few weeks mainly because I just hit a really dark point a few weeks back. I truly thought she was going to die then and there and she did come close. I just sort of withdrew away from everyone. I became bitter and hopeless and I withdrew because I didn't want to be toxic to those I care about and love and that includes you all. It still seems so surreal. She hasn't been here for Dennis, Isaac, and Ruth's birthdays and that hit her so hard and seeing her and my kids suffer so much damn near broke me. Why did it have to be her and not me? A father is a bad substitute for a mother.

Anyway it passed and if things continue to improve we may just have her home at some point next month. I know the long term outlook is still grim but all that matters is today. Getting her back home has been my only goal since Dec 28th. She's really close and is the healthiest she's been since this all started.

I want to thank you all once again for the thoughts, prayers, cards, and support. They have meant the would to all of us. She's got another spinal tap on Monday and hopefully it will still be clear. I will update you all.

Thanks again for everything Nation. I'm almost ready to let myself settle back into a sense of normalcy here. I need to start posting again and allow myself to get back into my Volnation groove. I need this place bad.

Love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Reactions: 25 people
Good to hear -- Are you having a home care nurse at your home to help out ? Take care - thinking of you all

Reactions: 1 person
Good to hear -- Are you having a home care nurse at your home to help out ? Take care - thinking of you all
She's staying at the rehab clinic right now. Hopefully she will be walking well enough to come home sometime next month. They want her there right now so PT can work with her twice a day.

You and your wife are tough people, keep fighting the both of you. Life can be brutal, and when it keeps kicking you in the gonads it's hard to keep getting up, but, you two are doing it, don't stop. I hope life can return to "normal" for you as soon as possible.

Bless her heart, I cannot believe everything she's been through, and is still going through. She is a BEAST!!!

God bless all of you! Still praying for your whole family, and the medical team taking care of your wife.

Wonderful news Duncan. There's no doubt it's been a struggle for everyone in the family, but stay the course. May God provide you with the endurance, patience, drive, and compassion you need during the recovery process.

Thanks so much guys and I want to say I'm sorry once again for the long delay. I was just really bitter and full of venom after that last infection. She was wasting away and was in almost constant agony. She couldn't keep anything on her stomach and started vomiting blood and and stomach and gut pain was was constant. Her hair was also falling out and she lost massive weight and watching her waste away and not being able to do anything about it just got to me like nothing ever has.

I was full of hate and despair and would have been toxic to you all. It passed and I'm once again level headed and optimistic for the future.

Reactions: 2 people
Once again thank you all for the support Nation. You will never know what it has meant to me and my family. I would be in a sorry place without yall

Man, what a rough road you guys have had. Glad to hear of her progress. Will pray for continued healing.

Great to hear the encouraging news. Prayers sent for continued healing and strength for your wife and your entire family.

Hang in there buddy. We’re all watching and praying. Glad she had turned a corner here. Good news.

Been waiting so long for some good news on this, love it. As always we'll be right here brother.

And thanks for the heads up on the thread Volly!

Thanks so much guys and I want to say I'm sorry once again for the long delay. I was just really bitter and full of venom after that last infection. She was wasting away and was in almost constant agony. She couldn't keep anything on her stomach and started vomiting blood and and stomach and gut pain was was constant. Her hair was also falling out and she lost massive weight and watching her waste away and not being able to do anything about it just got to me like nothing ever has.

I was full of hate and despair and would have been toxic to you all. It passed and I'm once again level headed and optimistic for the future.

We’re here for good and bad - don’t forget that!

I would pull away and be private as well Dennis. But I'm begging you to reach out. We will be here for you. Toxic times or not, we are a family.

My info is still the same. Call, text, cry, shout, laugh.

You are not alone. I promise to God.

Keith

Stay strong. I can’t imagine what you all are going through. But stay strong, she’s clearly a strong woman you’re all in my thoughts

Hey Nation I know it's been a while and let me say I'm very sorry for my absence here but I'm going to try to explain and I hope yall will understand.

First things first, she got over her intestinal infection finally and can eat solid foods without vomiting once again. Her MRSA has also cleared up and hopefully in the next few weeks she will be able to get a skin graph for her right leg and left arm.

On the cancer front it is still in her blood but it has not attacked her spine or organs again. She has been able to keep it at bay now for nearly 6 weeks and we're hoping another 24 blast will get her into her initial remission.

Her spirits are sky high because she got moved to a rehab center and can now walk across the room with only the help of a walker. She still can't stand herself up yet but shes REALLY close. She can now also go to the bathroom without much help and that's been wonderful for her psyche. Wearing diapers and having to sit on bed pans really humiliated her and made her feel so ashamed and helpless. She's getting her independence back and for my wife that's everything. She's a type A personality and always wants to do things herself and her way lol.

I have been absent the last few weeks mainly because I just hit a really dark point a few weeks back. I truly thought she was going to die then and there and she did come close. I just sort of withdrew away from everyone. I became bitter and hopeless and I withdrew because I didn't want to be toxic to those I care about and love and that includes you all. It still seems so surreal. She hasn't been here for Dennis, Isaac, and Ruth's birthdays and that hit her so hard and seeing her and my kids suffer so much damn near broke me. Why did it have to be her and not me? A father is a bad substitute for a mother.

Anyway it passed and if things continue to improve we may just have her home at some point next month. I know the long term outlook is still grim but all that matters is today. Getting her back home has been my only goal since Dec 28th. She's really close and is the healthiest she's been since this all started.

I want to thank you all once again for the thoughts, prayers, cards, and support. They have meant the would to all of us. She's got another spinal tap on Monday and hopefully it will still be clear. I will update you all.

Thanks again for everything Nation. I'm almost ready to let myself settle back into a sense of normalcy here. I need to start posting again and allow myself to get back into my Volnation groove. I need this place bad.

Love you all from the bottom of my heart.

Hi. I have been following since this began. So glad for you and family. And to all the people "hurt" by the basketball scores, read your first post and get back with me. You truly put into perspective what is important.

VN Store

Back