OT: RIP Billy Graham

HooahVol

Hopefully it is not terribly inappropriate to go off topic on this forum but I do feel a great man died today and would just like to take the time to honor him in death. Hopefully this thread does not get too political, I know his son has said some controversial political claims lately, but Billy always found a way to transcend politics I think by focusing on just the Gospel and nothing else. Hopefully by remembering him today many can realize the power of the Gospel when you leave politics out of it all.

Reactions: 7 people
Gotta say...

Thought he was dead already? :hmm:

Definitely great man of God and an icon of my youth...which is in my rear view window. RIP

Reactions: 3 people
Really an icon of our time, whether you like him or not. It’s always sad to see anyone pass, regardless of fame or lack there of. RIP.

Reactions: 1 person
Really the only "television Preacher" that wasn't in it for the $$. We watched him during his specials when I was a kid. Like listening to him.

Talk to the big man for us Dr. Graham, we sure can use it.

Reactions: 4 people
"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.
- Billy Graham

Reactions: 7 people
Nice message from the former POTUS Barack Obama:

"Billy Graham was a humble servant who prayed for so many - and who, with wisdom and grace, gave hope and guidance to generations of Americans."

Reactions: 6 people
While I didn't agree with much of what he said, I can respect any humble servant who dedicates their life to something they feel so strongly about. RIP.

Reactions: 1 person
Yet a search claims he was worth millions. Man's gotta eat I guess

Now it's a crime to have money. Everything you read mentions him living a modest life. He didn't flaunt, buy helicopters, multi-million dollar mansions. His ministry plays a huge role in the local music channels available to us as well. RIP Billy Graham.

VN Store

Back