Anyone live in Augusta, GA?

CanadianVol

I have a second phone interview with a company on Augusta this week. Real interest on both sides so hoping it goes somewhere. Would love any thoughts on moving there and what areas to focus on? Three kids in elementary or younger so school is really important.

My aunt and uncle (and cousins) live there, we visit occasionally. I just had my wife text her about the elementary school he went to. She really loved it, and bragged on it. The area around the school was very nice, so when I get the name maybe it’ll help you look up some stuff. I really like Augusta fwiw, and I’ll edit this whenever she answers. I know that it may not be as helpful as you need, but maybe it’ll be a start. Augusta is nice though, at least the parts I’ve been in.

* riverside elementary is where my cousins went. My aunt said the schools that are in Colombia county are really good.

Last edited:
I have a second phone interview with a company on Augusta this week. Real interest on both sides so hoping it goes somewhere. Would love any thoughts on moving there and what areas to focus on? Three kids in elementary or younger so school is really important.

Michelin?

Grew up in the CSRA, which is what that area is called. Check into living in SC as well. Plenty of people live in SC and work in GA, and vice versa.

Been 25 years since I lived there but North Augusta which is in SC is a real up and coming area it seems lately.

Had an in person yesterday that went awesome. One other person they are interviewing so now to play the waiting game!

Evans, a burb of Augusta is nice.

Yep... Evans/Martinez up in Columbia County is where everybody moves for the public schools.

Depending on where you have to commute, Aiken and North Augusta over in SC are nice too.

They have a pretty nice golf tournament there every year.:hi:

Looks like we're moving. Signed an offer and pending a drug test and background check, everything should be wrapped up this week.

Looks like we're moving. Signed an offer and pending a drug test and background check, everything should be wrapped up this week.

Congratulations! New job, new town, and a little over 2 hours from me. The latter part makes you the most blessed. Haha

VN Store

Back