drivers license issue

Alright Volnation, I need some help.

TLDR; I lost my license, license was from another state; need to get new license in TN before temp license expires. what is best option?

I currently am in a bit of a conundrum of how to go about getting my license back. I had my wallet stolen some months back while traveling (in another state) and therefore lost my license. I was living in California at the time, so when I got back to CA, I went to the dmv and such and tried to get a new license. They gave me a temporary and then said they would mail my new license to where I was living.

The issue is that I moved back to TN before I got my license, and had my mail forwarded to my TN address from the CA address. The license never came, and I reached out to my CA apartment people and they said they haven't seen it (could be lost or who knows, but they haven't sent it to me).

So now my temporary CA license is about to expire, and I don't think I can go to the TN dmv and give them my temporary from another state and just get a new TN license on the spot (I could be wrong on that).

From what I've read, you can only get a replacement license in person (i.e. I can't just ask the CA DMV to send me a new one to TN).

Is my best bet just to schedule to get a new license in TN (like for when you turn 16) and go through doing the computer test and driving test? Or does anybody know of a better way??

Really don't want to have my temp expire, then get pulled over and have to explain all this...

Yep. A the very least you have to take a vision test at a full service center. (If in Knoxville I think that means Straw Plains)

damn. my temp will expire pretty soon I think, probably before I can make an appt and get to the dmv which means I might have to get a family member to take me just so I'm not showing up there with an expired licence (or expired temp) ...

Not sure if that would cause an issue lol

damn. my temp will expire pretty soon I think, probably before I can make an appt and get to the dmv which means I might have to get a family member to take me just so I'm not showing up there with an expired licence (or expired temp) ...

They’ve been known to ask people with expired licenses how they got there, and if they admitted they drove then they’ll have an officer write a ticket.

So definitely have someone take you if yours expires.

Drive yourself, if they ask the question, then a friend drove you. Boom! **** em!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back