23 Tennessee stores shut, accused of selling marijuana candy

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Local, state and federal authorities in Tennessee have padlocked 23 stores and indicted 21 people they accuse of selling candy and other products containing a form of marijuana.

News outlets report that "Operation Candy Crush" was launched after Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh said parents said their child brought the CBD-laced candy home.

Rutherford County Sheriff Mike Fitzhugh says the stores were selling gummies and similar products that contained cannabidiol, a derivative of cannabis.

Tennessee Hemp Industries Association President Joe Kirkpatrick contends that the products were legal, with CBD derived from hemp, not marijuana.

"Operation Candy Crush"...should have been named "Operation Kandy K"r"ush!"

What a huge waste of resources.

You guys aren't really arguing that stores should be permitted to sell candy to minors that contains an illegal hallucinogen, right?

Even if you are in favor of legalization, that's a ridiculous position and makes the pro-MJ crowd look like a bunch of idiots.

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds like BS that they were selling to kids. Until I see some proof they were selling to kids, I don't believe it. Here is an article with more detail:

Cannabidiol was found in gummy bears, gummy worms and other products that look like candy. They cost anywhere from $7 to $70, and are advertised as mood enhancers and relaxers, according to police.

“We feel these stores are marketing these items toward minors,” Fitzhugh said. “These items can commonly be confused by a child as candy and are illegal.”

One of the businesses raided Monday appears to be an e-commerce company that sells oils, gummy worms and gummy bears with CBD. Smyrna Police Chief Kevin Arnold said Cloud 9 Hemp is a distributor.

And here is some packaging:

edibles.jpg

It also gave a list of stores and basically all of them are tobacco shops, judging by the names. A few of them may have been gas stations, and if the candy was available to children, that is a problem.

Operation Candy Crush shuts down stores selling marijuana derivative that looks like candy | WKRN News 2

You guys aren't really arguing that stores should be permitted to sell candy to minors that contains an illegal hallucinogen, right?

CBD is not psychoactive. And the legality is up for debate right now. Plenty of places here sell CBD without hassle. And without looking any further, nothing in the original post says the store was selling them to kids.

I'm not sure what's worse for the kids...the sugar or the CBD. Probably the sugar.

Last edited:

Even if you are in favor of legalization, that's a ridiculous position and makes the pro-MJ crowd look like a bunch of idiots.

Weed is a hallucinogenic?

No I'm not for selling it to kids. But if a grownup wants them, then butt out big brother. I assumed that they were head shops selling them to adults.

Plus CBD is not a hallucinogen..educate yourself. I am not for them selling products with THC or CBD either one to minors however. As long as that is not a garbage charge by the cops to justify this nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I must have had the wrong guy in college. It was mostly just an appetizer for me. Occasionally a sleep aide.

You never got to the next level, or you was buying garbage. Some strains are more apt to enhance your senses than others though. I got some Northern Lights from a hobbyist hydroponic grower one time back in the 80s that I was tripping balls on.

Disclaimer: I do not consume or encourage consumption of any substance that intoxicates anymore, however I do not believe that it is my place or anyone else's to legislate that morality on others. I chose to give my life to Jesus long ago, and it is the life for me, and anyone that accepts it.

Disclaimer: I do not consume or encourage consumption of any substance that intoxicates anymore, however I do not believe that it is my place or anyone else's to legislate that morality on others. I chose to give my life to Jesus long ago, and it is the life for me, and anyone that accepts it.

You not doing intoxicates related to your life with Jesus? Seems like Jesus was down with them turning water to wine for folks. Not trying to derail, just found that comment a bit odd. And like you, I'm not one to tell others how to live their lives. Not trying to lead you anywhere or turn it into more than a simple question.

Last edited:
CBD is the non active property in Marijuana. That candy wouldn't have even made them feel high/stoned. THC is the one that makes you high. CBD is the medicinal property of the drug that doctors say prevents seizures in children etc.

Reactions: 2 people
No I'm not for selling it to kids. But if a grownup wants them, then butt out big brother. I assumed that they were head shops selling them to adults.

Plus CBD is not a hallucinogen..educate yourself. I am not for them selling products with THC or CBD either one to minors however. As long as that is not a garbage charge by the cops to justify this nonsense.

Yes, I am very familiar with the difference in CBD and THC. I was skimming and only read the first paragraph.

Regardless, no one should be selling CBD to kids, if they were in fact doing that.

I'm not re*hash*ing the MJ debate, but yes, it is a hallucinogen (and some strains with higher concentrations of THC can be quite neuro-psychoactive.)

While there has been some limited data to suggest benefit of CBD in refractory epilepsy (I actually have a pt with Dravet syndrome and have read the research), it is certainly not a proven treatment or considered anything other than experimental, at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
You not doing intoxicates related to your life with Jesus? Seems like Jesus was down with them turning water to wine for folks. Not trying to derail, just found that comment a bit odd. And like you, I'm not one to tell others how to live their lives. Not trying to lead you anywhere or turn it into more than a simple question.

I don't believe Jesus was a drunkard or ever drunk. I am not going to argue about it. I know people will justify what they want, and that is their perogative.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee will catch up with the rest of the country soon. They just legalized it here in CA and no problems.

You're a good dude. Have only witnessed you bringing good content to this forum. With that said, I have a general comment which is sparked by you but not directed at you.

MDs on a high horse (pun intended) who warn of the dangers about the non-prescription stuff people take or try need to seriously clean their own houses. Reign in the pharmaceutical giants pushing every possible poison directly to the public. Prescription addiction is widespread, rapidly growing, and imo more insidious than THC (or CBD in this case).

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

FTR 1: I'm not a user of any prescription or recreational drug except caffeine.

FTR 2: I'm still salty about the pill-pusher MD who contributed to my Aunt's death.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back