The Good News ONLY THread

My wife was selected to co-lead a service learning trip to Ecuador for 16 college students yesterday. She will be gone for two weeks. Good news for her, not for me. :)

Reactions: 2 people
My wife was selected to co-lead a service learning trip to Ecuador for 16 college students yesterday. She will be gone for two weeks. Good news for her, not for me. :)

Lol, I was proud of this post right up until the last sentence. I kid I kid

Reactions: 1 person
My friend kicked breast cancer's arse. Her hair is returning, as is her strength, her prognosis is good and she is currently on vacation with her family.

Reactions: 5 people
My youngest got accepted into vpk at one of the best charter schools around here. Private school education at public school prices. One more year of childcare expenses and I am done!

My youngest got accepted into vpk at one of the best charter schools around here. Private school education at public school prices. One more year of childcare expenses and I am done!

And then the real expenses start...😁

This morning my 15 year old got on a plane bound for Washington DC to go to Georgetown and represent the good people of Uruguay in a Model World Health Organization exercise.

Yeah, sounds boring to me too, but this kid has Aspergers Syndrome and just a couple of years ago it never crossed my mind that he'd ever entertain the idea of going to DC for 5 days; much less to speak in front of hundreds of people and be really good at it.

Reactions: 6 people
This morning my 15 year old got on a plane bound for Washington DC to go to Georgetown and represent the good people of Uruguay in a Model World Health Organization exercise.

Yeah, sounds boring to me too, but this kid has Aspergers Syndrome and just a couple of years ago it never crossed my mind that he'd ever entertain the idea of going to DC for 5 days; much less to speak in front of hundreds of people and be really good at it.

I worked with a couple of Asperger's kids in a past job.

It was amazing to watch them work once their minds found the right (just different) groove and we knew a little better how to work with them. I adored those kids. The moment when you could see something click for them was incredibly special.

My son has confirmed his acceptance to UTK this fall. This will be the third generation to do so. I’m one happy papa

Reactions: 5 people

I swear my old Econ professor, who is loved by students (but not by colleagues), has Aspergers that went undiagnosed because he was from a different generation.

Also, my sister-in-law's little brother has Aspergers to the point that his family worries about him constantly....he's 18 now and moved out of state to do some youth ministry. They thought he'd come crying home after a few days, but he's been gone months and he's having the time of his life.

Reactions: 4 people
My wife is approved to be a foster home for Old English Sheepdogs as they transition from the rescue to adoption. She has loved the breed even as a girl.

Our Goddaughter was at half-court at Rupp last night to receive an award for academic achievement and excellence on the #2 Cats Rifle team.

VN Store

Back