Ok I need help... Someone give me a place to go for my anniversary

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
In about a month.

We would like a town similar to Gatlinburg. Like touristy, with stuff to do, but still charming.

Most similar thing we’ve found is Helen, GA. But we want to go somewhere we’ve never been.

Someone help a fellow Vol out... in struggling with this one.

Edit: preferably no further than 6 hours or so from Knoxville

I live 15 minutes from Helen, it’s pretty cool, and has some good eats. You’re within sn hour from the mall of Georgia also. It’s a cool place if you’ve never been. Some good fishing if you like that and can get away with it on your anniversary! There are also some good short hikes very close with waterfalls if you’re into that as well.

I live 15 minutes from Helen, it’s pretty cool, and has some good eats. You’re within sn hour from the mall of Georgia also. It’s a cool place if you’ve never been. Some good fishing if you like that and can get away with it on your anniversary! There are also some good short hikes very close with waterfalls if you’re into that as well.

Yeah we loved it when we went. We took a day trip there when we went to Blairsville a few years back.

Again, awesome place, but we want to go somewhere we’ve never been.

Yeah we loved it when we went. We took a day trip there when we went to Blairsville a few years back.

Again, awesome place, but we want to go somewhere we’ve never been.

I overlooked that you said that! Hope you find somewhere awesome!

Just scrolling for some places. I came across Lewisburg, wv. Has one of only 4 Carnegie Halls still in continuous use today across the world. Lots of art galleries and hiking. Just. A thought. 4 1/2 hours from Knoxville

Savannah Georgia looks nice - never been there but read good things about it

Savannah is what I was going to say. It’s right at the 6 hour mark. I lived there for 7 years and still go back all the time (in-laws).

Lots of good restaurants. There’s a B&B I can recommend as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Hot Springs, VA. The Homestead.

Not near as much to do as in Gatlinburg, but a beautiful little town. If you don't want to fork over the cash to stay in the hotel itself, the Vine Cottage Inn (a B&B) is amazing.

Beaufort, South Carolina is a great little town especially if you like old civil war era architecture. It is a town that was preserved by the Union instead of destroyed hence many of the homes of the era are still there and restored. There are several of those places which are also bed and breakfast, some of which face the bay.

highly recommended

Visit Beaufort, SC | Beaufort, SC Official Visitor Site | Historical Beaufort, SC

Beaufort, SC | Visit Beaufort South Carolina | Official Beaufort Website

In about a month.

We would like a town similar to Gatlinburg. Like touristy, with stuff to do, but still charming.

Most similar thing we’ve found is Helen, GA. But we want to go somewhere we’ve never been.

Someone help a fellow Vol out... in struggling with this one.

Edit: preferably no further than 6 hours or so from Knoxville

Charleston SC

Reactions: 2 people
Charleston is also good. We’re only an hour away and go down there all the time to eat and shop on King Street. I wish Gay Street in Knoxville would get higher end shopping like King St.

Asheville intrigues us. We are considering a cabin in the mountains and doing the Biltmore and whatnot.

Can anyone throw out some other options of things to do there?

Lake Lure is a short, scenic 50 minute drive. It's where they filmed Dirty Dancing and a few other movies.

Asheville intrigues us. We are considering a cabin in the mountains and doing the Biltmore and whatnot.

Can anyone throw out some other options of things to do there?

Not sure if it's your thing or not, but you can score major points if you take your wife to the spa at Grove Park. It's an underground grotto with stone, waterfalls, and pools for you to enjoy after a massage.

The Red Stag is a cool restaurant at the Grand Bohemian Hotel.

Other dining recommendations: Curate, Chestnut, Nightbell, Zambra ... You will want to get reservations well in advance if you want a prime spot.

Bucksnort!! You will have a story to tell for the rest of your marriage, if your wife does not leave you.

Seriously, go to Charleston, SC

VN Store

Back