In a rough spot

PassedOutAwake

R.I.P RichRollin
Hey guys. I got the ok from Freak to post the gofundme link here. Any contribution will help as I'm in a tight situation. I recently had to call DCF because my ex's boyfriend left serious bruises on my 5 year old and he was arrested for child abuse. After this happened I found out more info about my ex that is causing me to seek a lawyer to represent me in a custody case. I pulled my sons attendance record from school and he has either been absent or late for school nearly 50 percent of the time she has him. Neither her or her bf work and she has no vehicle. There is suspected drug abuse and selling inside the house. My kids don't have a room or their own beds there either. She seems to plan to stay with this guy despite a no contact order between him and my son. I don't understand how she plans on doing it. I need to get him and my 2 year old out of there asap.

Fundraiser by Jacob Smith : Child custody to remove from abuse

It almost seems like she'd be willing to give them to you if you asked. Sorry this is happening.

Reactions: 1 person
Have the kids Dr that checked them file a complaint with the state -- I don't know Florida laws, but it should be an easy case for you to win even without an attorney

Reactions: 3 people
Get an order of emergency custody from the juvenile judge in your area. This should get them out of her house and with you until a court hearing.

Also not sure about Florida, but Illinois can fine and jail the parent for not sending the kid to school a certain number of days (15 I think it is here)You might want to check that out also

this may be a thread for clearwatervol. i think i remember a part of his story. maybe you two can talk since he is an attorney and he can help point you in the right direction. i hate this for you and the kids

POA - I'm an attorney though I'm a bit out of my depth in family court. As many on here know, however, I've fought and won my own custody battle. My ex wife is a recovering alcoholic. So,I know something of the substance abuse angle as well.

My advice is for you to keep fighting and to always document everything. Don't be afraid involve the police and courts. If your kids tell you they were in contact with the boyfriend... call the police and DCS.

Also, have you called Legal Aid of North Florida? 850-769-3581. Attorneys donate their time to give pro bono aid to those in need. Check it out.

If you'd like to have a private conversation with me I'd be happy to speak with you.

If you want to talk, send up the bat signal on the political forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
POA,
I’m sorry you and children are going through this. I’ll keep you guys in my prayers.
I can only imagine the restraint it’s taking to keep from beating some folks half to death.

Their are plenty of attorneys on the forum. I don’t see how proper connections can not be made to get this resolved in a timely matter.

Also, look for a local BACA group in your area and get them involved.

They will make sure your children are safe until they are with you

It astounds me that the law and courts are so biased against Dads having custody that you have to spend a fortune and go to court, for the safety of your kids...

It's mind numbing

Any updates ?

Exploring my options. Ive met with a couple attorneys and found the one I want to hire but have to come up with the retainer fee before she starts. I saved up some money but went to get a loan for the rest and got denied because my ex got her car repossessed which had my name on it. I did get the kids 5 days this week compared to my usual 2 so that made me feel a little better. Just figuring out what to do now. And the emergency custody doesnt look to good because DCF isn't looking to pursue a case right now but the attorney I want said to file and ask for an advanced hearing.

VN Store

Back