Burns Night, January 25th ...

orangebloodgmc

Wee Rabbie Burns night coming up on the 25th. Who's celebrating with me?

You should at least make neeps and tatties (big yaller Swede turnips, NOT American white& purple ones, cooked with taters and mashed, add the butter, quite good).

You should at least drink a wee dram of Scotch (or some Skullsplitter from the Orkneys).

Hard to get haggis here (but not impossible) so I just make a meat loaf from ground lamb, chicken livers, leeks and oats -- it's hearty.

Anybody else?

Wee Rabbie Burns night coming up on the 25th. Who's celebrating with me?

You should at least make neeps and tatties (big yaller Swede turnips, NOT American white& purple ones, cooked with taters and mashed, add the butter, quite good).

You should at least drink a wee dram of Scotch (or some Skullsplitter from the Orkneys).

Hard to get haggis here (but not impossible) so I just make a meat loaf from ground lamb, chicken livers, leeks and oats -- it's hearty.

Anybody else?

Maybe my avi is a giveaway but I’ll volunteer for that portion of the celebration that comes from the Orkneys. No skullsplitter, just a nice, smoky, peaty single malt with just the right complexity and finish. I’ll even read a verse or two, but somebody else can eat all that crap food.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back