Favorite Vintage Vol Gear??

TheBigOne10

FU Money
Super bored already in what will be the longest offseason I can remember. Thought this would be a cool place to start a thread showing off some of your favorite vintage Vol gear. What are your favorite old hats, jackets, shirts, etc. that you own? I’ll start it out with a sweet lid I just picked up.

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh I can’t this image to post. I put in
with no space in between. Why is it not working?!

Edit: Nevermind, Ebay link wouldn’t work. Finally got it.

Last edited:
I've got a "Tennessee Blackens the Eye of the Hurricane" '85 Sugar Bowl shirt. Pretty ratty at this point but always a great memory.

I got a Navy and orange old satin bomber jacket I like to wear to cold games from time to time. It’s one of the old Swingster brand ones. Drives the fiancé wild.

It hardly qualifies as “vintage gear,” but, when Columbia Sportswear made their short-lived foray into collegiate apparel, I purchased several jackets, including a three-in-one “Interchange jacket,” which includes a waterproof but breathable outer shell and a zip-in, medium-weight fleece jacket, either of which can be worn separately or together for added warmth and weather protection. Columbia still makes a few Tennessee garments, but it is too bad that they don’t offer a more extensive product line; their cold weather gear is far superior to anything Nike or Adidas ever attempted to make.

bought this in 93 with my textbooks so it's almost 25yo. That's vintage right?
attachment.php

bought this in 93 with my textbooks so it's almost 25yo. That's vintage right?
attachment.php

I bought that very same hat the week of the '90 UT vs Bama game that Bama won 9-6 after blocking a FG ..... I thought it was cursed and threw it away

I bought that very same hat the week of the '90 UT vs Bama game that Bama won 9-6 after blocking a FG ..... I thought it was cursed and threw it away

I am still pissed about that and the Auburn game that year. Maybe someday I will let it go.

I have a 1985 Coke bottle with Vols schedule and results including the Sugar Bowl win over Miami.
I bought a t-shirt with the score of the game on it right outside the Superdome after the game. It was made of cheap fabric and eventually just fell apart. My dad bought me a pocket knife with the score Vols 35- Miami 7 on the blade. I still have the knife

My mother in law went to a yard sale and bought a Lady Vol basketball and a Vols basketball for $2 each. They were in boxes with the Power T and LV symbols visible. She gave them to my kids to play with. When I started to remove them from the boxes I turned the balls only to discover they had been signed by Pat Summitt and Bruce Pearl. Needless to say, the kids never played with those basketballs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
I have a 1985 Coke bottle with Vols schedule and results including the Sugar Bowl win over Miami.
I bought a t-shirt with the score of the game on it right outside the Superdome after the game. It was made of cheap fabric and eventually just fell apart. My dad bought me a pocket knife with the score Vols 35- Miami 7 on the blade. I still have the knife

My mother in law went to a yard sale and bought a Lady Vol basketball and a Vols basketball for $2 each. They were in boxes with the Power T and LV symbols visible. She gave them to my kids to play with. When I started to remove them from the boxes I turned the balls only to discover they had been signed by Pat Summitt and Bruce Pearl. Needless to say, the kids never played with those basketballs.

WOW, y’all got a steal on those lol. Did the sellers not know/look to see that they were autographed?

I have 2 of those coke bottles too. Are they worth anything?

WOW, y’all got a steal on those lol. Did the sellers not know/look to see that they were autographed?

I assume they did not. My mother in law did not know until after I told her. She did not know the seller. She had them for 2 months before she gave them to my kids. We still have them

I have 2 of those coke bottles too. Are they worth anything?

Last time I checked they were selling for about $3. I am assuming they made a bunch of them. I bought a carton of six and gave the rest to family and friends.

I display mine in my office along with a 1998 Fiesta Bowl NC cap.

Reactions: Boca Vol

The balls have price tags from UT Bookstore for $24.99. They are basketballs designed for autographs. My mother in law did not know that. She just saw the LV symbol and Power T

VN Store

Back